Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mgr_inz_rafal

[Plugin development] Plugin not visible in GZDB

I'm trying to create GZDB plugin.

Based on the stair sector builder example I created some basic plugin containing the new builder mode, but I can't see this new mode appearing neither in "GZDB" nor "DB2".

I am sure that editor is loading the plugin since:
1. I cannot delete the .dll once GZDB is running
2. If I make a simple typo in the code, GZDB will throw an terrible exception upon startup

I can't figure out what to do more by just staring at the sourcecode. I did my best to simply copy the "plugin framework" from working example, modify the "Actions.cfg" and so on.

For sure I must be missing some obvious piece of code... How would you proceed to find out what is wrong?

Did you change the EditMode attribute of your new mode to be different from the code you used as a base? Did you check if your mode shows up in Game Configurations -> Modes?

Uploading the code might help, too.

Can't open the project because my VS version is too old. Did you set the build action of ArchIcon.png to "Embedded Resource"? You can enter your mode by assigning a hotkey.

Image is attached as embedded resource.

And yes, I succesfully entered my new mode by assigning a HotKey, even though it is not present on the list. Thank you for that hint.

Guess I will focus on the plugin development itselft and care about the missing icon later.

mgr_inz_rafal said:

Image is attached as embedded resource.

http://www.chabowski.eu/misc/DooM/embedded_resource.png

I think the image should not be referenced in Resources.resx, but the actual file has to have the "Embedded Resource" set. Just like the Actions.cfg. I created a new project and added your files, but not creating a Resources.resx, and the mode shows up in the GUI as expected.
AFAIK you only need to add the images to the Resources.resx if you want to display them as additional buttons in the toolbar.

OK, the ArchMaker plugin works. It is far from finished though.

Code is ugly, not optimized and throws exceptions. I would rather extend the functionality of StairSectorBuilder instead of further developing my own creation ;)

boris, thanks for your support!

Here are three screenshots of arches created by plugin: