Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Koros

Great midi's that you would like to see in a Doom wad (or.pk3)

This is just a thread for suggesting some cool music for the people who are making upcoming doom maps to use. That, or just a thread to show off some really great midi music. Either way is fine by me.

Anyways, I personally would love to see this used in a Doom map. Hopefully the level theme matches the music played.

https://youtu.be/9xq2wXuDUv4

What would be some of your music suggestions?

Anything by Tool and/or A Perfect Circle; Agalloch, Terhen (a band that I'm sure only, like, 10 people have probably heard of, unfortunately)
EDIT: Misstrip and Portishead slipped my mind; I'd include them as well.

There is not enough King Crimson going around. If there are MIDI files of Level Five or anything else off The Power To Believe, those are perfect.

WildWeasel said:

There is not enough King Crimson going around. If there are MIDI files of Level Five or anything else off The Power To Believe, those are perfect.

I found this, its not bad.

Voros said:

Michael Jackson

This actually has a few killer covers in this one video.

Here is a few black metal music that would fit in esoteric themed slaughtermaps if converted to midi of course:

dobu gabu maru said:

I still have yet to hear a decent midi version of "Expander"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZFloT80zWc

I hate to break it to you but that music was used in a Terry wad called "B4NM" if you dare to check that out.

Jannak said:

Here is a few black metal music

Can I request that we keep this discussion about actual MIDI tracks and not make this a "what's your favourite music?" thread? Thanks.

fraggle said:

Can I request that we keep this discussion about actual MIDI tracks and not make this a "what's your favourite music?" thread? Thanks.

Okay but I thought this thread was about what sort of music you like converted into midi tracks but maybe I got the wrong memo.

To be fair fraggle, he did mention that the 3 tracks would fit great in slaughter maps if converted to midi.

Jannak said:

Here is a few black metal music that would fit in esoteric themed slaughtermaps if converted to midi of course

Its not like he said, check out these 3 videos they are my favorite bands.

Some MIDIs I know of that I haven't seen in a Doom wad yet (all from jRPGs, I know, I like this genre)

-Torn Apart, from Xenogears (unfortunately I don't know the author of this one, from what I saw on vgmusic)
-Copley Forest Theme and Sinistral Battle Theme from Lufia: The Legend Returns (both by Skankin' Garbage, found on Lufiaworld, I'm actually using the former one for a forest map)
-Tower theme from Lufia 2 (MIDI by SinclairC, a lot of his MIDIs are really good but this one really stands out in my opinion)
-Technology from Breath of Fire III (MIDI by SCT, this game had a lot of jazz-like tunes but this one works nicely in a space-themed map.)
-Eternal Hydrogen Anxieties from Valkyrie Profile (MIDI by Chief Ug)

Jimp Argon said:

To be fair fraggle, he did mention that the 3 tracks would fit great in slaughter maps if converted to midi.

I know, I got it. Look again, they're albums, not tracks.

The theme song from the 1976 movie Assault on Precinct 13 by John Carpenter would make for a terrific Doom track. I'm sure there's a midi version of it out there.

Title screen track of MDK 2... IMHO the best track in a videogame, ever. If I had a MIDI of that one, it would replace "Going Down the Fast Way" (from RotT) as the only music I ever use in my WADs.