Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nirvana

Snow Blast - A wad

Here's a wad I made recently as part of a mapping project. Although I have been making maps for years (started in the late 90s making maps for vanilla with Doomcad,) this is the first map I have fully completed and uploaded.

It's a 4096x4096 (ish) GZDoom wad (tested with 2.1.1.0) using UDMF format, but it doesn't do anything crazy. Just a few 3D floors and some simple scripting. It requires the CC4 Texture pack.

Difficulty settings have been customized, but the map has only been tested on Ultra Violence. I feel like lower difficulties are likely much too easy, since I haven't really done any testing of them. I don't play on anything but UV, and the map was designed with UV in mind.

It is meant to be a somewhat difficult map, saving is recommended for a first playthrough.

Thanks to Bemused, MrZzul and Benjogami for the initial testing. Thanks to D3Archi and Megablast98 for streaming the wad and helping me to improve the map and fix some major issues!

Screenshots:

Spoiler

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img]/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r35b33kb2aky3pg/SnowblastV2.wad?dl=0

CC4 Texture Pack:

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/community-chest-4/43409-cc4-official-texture-resource/

Edit: File has been updated with some minor changes.

Edit 2: Quite a few bug/issue fixes and a few bigger changes.

Well it certainly looks impressive from the screenshots. I'll have to give this a go sometime this week...

I'll to try to to take a look today or tomorrow, from the pics looks indeed impressive. Also, snow setting is awesome haha

Anyone get a chance to check it out yet? If not, it has been updated quite substantially since I originally posted it; you might want to download the newer version.

Would be great to get some more feedback, as I have been constantly trying to improve the map.

I haven't check out the recently updated one. I will try it out sometime tonight after work. Anything major changed since the first release?

Some small fixes to bugs/issues, map flow, slightly different monster placement, some slight reworking of encounters and detailing/cosmetic updates here and there. The changes all add up, but the map still plays essentially the same.