Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainManiac

CaptainManiac's PolyObject questions

Well, polyobjects consist of mere linedefs, not sectors. If you are willing to make an entire train out of (3D-)midtextures of linedefs, then you can. It could not have its own (either 3D or non-3D) floors and ceilings, though. At best, you could use a 3D model (OpenGL-only) that would mimic the polyobject's movement. Also, if the player stood on the train, and the train was moving, the player would not move with it unless pushed. So, even if possible (with aesthetical/gameplay-related sacrifices AND extra work/care and maybe scripting), polyobjects aren't really suitable for such a thing.

How to make polyobjects appear?Every time i try to make polyobject stuff from sectors/linedefs they are always invisible,even when they are textured.How to fix the problem?

I was teying couple of times to make polyobject rotating door,i follow the tutorials to make it and every time the polyobject spawns and it looks like there are no textures in it despite i textured the polyobj linedefs in the dummy sector

Still not enough information of what exact steps you've done to create the polyobject. The best would be if you just posted the map.

1.I drew the dummy sector.
2.I have drawn a sector and deleted it do make its linedefs be for polyobject
3.I have textured the linedefs with door textures
4.I have placed the polyobject start spot on the correct side of the door
5.I have made a room on the map for the polyobject to spawn and placed the anchor(same angle of course)
6.In thedummy sector i edited the linedefs of the door's front and back side to be polyobj door rotate repeatable.
7.In the game the polyobject door exists,but it is invisible.No view of the door,just the colision reminds there is door

CaptainManiac said:

1.I drew the dummy sector.
2.I have drawn a sector and deleted it do make its linedefs be for polyobject
3.I have textured the linedefs with door textures

One of the linedefs also needs to have a Polyobj_StartLine special.

CaptainManiac said:

4.I have placed the polyobject start spot on the correct side of the door
5.I have made a room on the map for the polyobject to spawn and placed the anchor

Anchors should be in the dummy sector, and start spots should be in the map sector.

I made the map with the room for the rotating door
I made the dummy sector and then a sector which i deleted to leave the polyobject lines then i textured the lines with door textures on all sides.
I put the start spot on the center to make the door rotate by the center and then i added the polyobject anchor on the center of the room i wanted the polyobject door to be.Next i have set the polyobject linedefs to the polyobject door rotate repeatable special on the corresponding sides of the polyobject door.When i started the game to test the map the polyobject is rendered invisible and only the colision reminds that there is a door

I will try it one more time by the instructions you gave me.But where to put the startline?

Uh,hi,i need help of something.I need to make sector light bright when couple of puzzle items are succesfully sequenced.But i need predefined puzzle items to do this work,not a random puzzle item,but i am low on script