Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YukiHerz

Metal Variants and such

i ever wanted metal flats, the actual flats in iwad dont help much, if they accept put it, i'll be pleased to use them.

Tbh, I don't think it's necessary to have these flats and patches. I don't even know where they should go.

I say keep this as some kind of resource pack. Who knows, maybe Freedoom might need them someday.

They're useful when you have some walls using the metal textures and you need a matching flat, since the only rusty flat is a different shade it kinda looks bad.

YukiHerz said:

They're useful when you have some walls using the metal textures and you need a matching flat, since the only rusty flat is a different shade it kinda looks bad.

i agree whit it too

if this come i can make some freedm maps ever better :P

Voros said:

Tbh, I don't think it's necessary to have these flats and patches. I don't even know where they should go.

I say keep this as some kind of resource pack. Who knows, maybe Freedoom might need them someday.

I think it was discussed already that there are no technical limitations to additional textures. If it doesn't break compatibility there's no reason to exclude extra resources from the main IWAD. IIRC there are already extra textures in Phase 1 (and possibly Phase 2 as well, not sure).

Thanks for the submission YukiHerz. Hope this gets added to the project soon (along with all other pending submissions that is!).

I believe it's too early. For now, the maps should stick with the gfx in the IWADs.
Plus, that's a lot of flats and patches.

It would require editing textures.cfg, textures1.txt, textures2.txt, buildcfg.txt and who knows what else?

Spoiler

You know I was thinking. How about this texture pack can be used for some Freedoom specific WAD, like some kind Freedoom Lost Levels WAD. Just a thought.