Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Quagsire

Good job, YouTube. You fucked up again.

If some of you sexy people don't know, YouTube recently changed their TOS and NOW YOU CAN'T FUCKING SWEAR IN A MONETIZED VIDEO. I thought this was a 13+ site but apparently it's catering to squeaking little retards now. It's not our goddamn fault that parents are too lazy to do shit about their sons breaking website guidelines and that bullfuckery.

Anyways, sorry if this breaks any rules or something, but how do you feel about this bullshit?

Spoiler

(Extra points if you add a shitton of swearing and post a YouTube ad video)

Edward850 said:

"Oh gn0! Youtube want to impose standards for content they pay for! Those jerks!"

Think about what I said. It's a 13+ site, where you can't even swear in a monetized video. I mean they already have a YouTube for kids app. At this point I think they're purposely fucking up their own service.

Sgt Ender said:

It's a 13+ site

Youtube is not a 13+ site. Anybody, like a 2 month old or a 140 year old man, are legally allowed to view Youtube.

Edward850 said:

Youtube is not a 13+ site.

Wait what? Did they actually allow younger fucking kids onto the site now?

EDIT: I saw that you added more to the post, and I meant as in registering an account.

Anyways, I guess we have the irresponsible parents everywhere to blame for letting their 5 year old sons make accounts.

Another overhyped censorship scare.

But in seriousness, every time something like this happens, it ends up being nothing but alarmist BS. Remember the SOPA/PIPA scares? Or the "Orphan Works" laws?
That said, I'm surprised this thread is only showing up just now.

Sgt Ender said:

Wait what? Did they actually allow younger fucking kids onto the site now?

They always could? There has never been any COPPA restrictions for Youtube content (seeing as it has nothing to do with privacy). That has only ever been the registration of accounts, as with all websites and web services. That doesn't actually stop you from viewing anything, sans specifically flagged content.

Also you have an edgeness problem. You don't actually need to swear every sentence.

TheMightyHeracross said:

Another overhyped censorship scare.

But in seriousness, every time something like this happens, it ends up being nothing but alarmist BS. Remember the SOPA/PIPA scares? Or the "Orphan Works" laws?

A bunch of Leafy's YT videos got taken down due to having ads and him swearing in the video. I don't think this is BS.

Edward850 said:

They always could? There has never been any COPPA restrictions for Youtube content. That has only ever been the registration of accounts, as with all websites and web services. That doesn't actually stop you from viewing anything, and never will.

Also you have an edgeness problem. You don't actually need to swear every sentence.

I wish these posts didn't keep appearing so fast, now it's gonna sound like I'm purposely trying to double post. And the duplicate post out of nowhere makes it worse. I only have my "super great internet speed" to thank.

All thanks to these cancerous "Drama" channels, seriously.
I guess people are losing thier balls and becoming more sensitive to swearing and all that shit.

Why can't we just ban both Leafy and Keemstar and call it quits? Just like this shitty thread I made? I can already tell this is going straight to post hell soon.

TheMightyHeracross said:

Then why did you make it?

Anyway, even if people are actually getting demonetized, I can't see this going on for long since this is would just hurt Youtube if they went through with it.

They already went through with it. This is actually old news, and unsurprisingly Youtube wasn't burned to the ground.

The idea is to enforce their vague policies of "ad-friendly" content for monetized videos, so they can get better ad deals and turn a bigger profit (read: an actual profit for once in YouTube's case). It would almost be reasonable if the terms were better defined and it were actually enforced intelligently, but like every other part of YouTube it's extremely automated and arbitrary in its decisions.

Hahahaha I laughed so hard at something in this thread

On topic: its not socially acceptable to curse. Sure, around people you don't give a squat about, like your friends and other millenials who hold no power in the real world, cursing might be socially acceptable. But to the people you want to impress; the people with money to spend on you, cursing is what you do when you have nothing important to say.

You shouldn't curse anyway, it's a bad habit that is detrimental to your development. Similar with using other extraneous words like, well, "like."

Also, adverbs, such as "anyway," cannot be pluralized.

Oh hey you got a custom title!
__
Some youtubers got videos demonetized becaouse of the new TOS, let's hope the new terms got some fix soon.

Fonze said:

Hahahaha I laughed so hard at something in this thread

You know what they say, be careful what you ask for XD.
Ya it sucks, especially for youtubers that cover content like doom or grand theft auto, If I understand it correctly that's not ok now. This will be the death of mature games section of youtube. The people can't make money of their vlogs when talking about important issues like racism, war. I'm not big on the whole youtube thing but from what I'v seen this will screw us on alot of the games we like for youtube.

The policy didn't even change, it's been that way for two years. The only new thing is the fancy box it's in.

Anyway, anything that puts pressure on terrible channels is A-OK in my book.

TFW DW is willing to break its own template just to teach some user a lesson.

Fonze said:

On topic: its not socially acceptable to curse. Sure, around people you don't give a squat about, like your friends and other millenials who hold no power in the real world, cursing might be socially acceptable. But to the people you want to impress; the people with money to spend on you, cursing is what you do when you have nothing important to say.

You shouldn't curse anyway, it's a bad habit that is detrimental to your development. Similar with using other extraneous words like, well, "like.

Needless over-swearing and an F bomb every other sentence sounds retarded or swearing a lot as a tryhard for comedic or edgy effect. Otherwise it's a part of everyday speech and a form of expression for a good majority. I've noticed people nowadays seem to swear more often and more openly these days and it was kinda jarring. Then again, I'm not exactly a social butterfly so maybe it's only a recent discovery to me.

And personally I think you (not you Fonze) are simple minded if you are easily offended by a few letters. I did use to swear a lot more a few years back but since I'm not as easily pissed off these days the rate of fucking this and fucking that has thankfully gone down.

E: Something of interest.

Sgt Ender said:

How mature. Make my custom title have all of my posts unreadable.

Of course you'd think it was the custom title that did that.

Won't be surprised if Heavy Metal Cupcake (AKA AoS) gets smacked with this on a few of his videos since vulgarity seems to run from his mouth like diarrhea.

Is this going to ruin youtube? Probably not, but if it does then that is a good thing! More room for the competetion!

Is this really a problem? Will it stop us from watching videos?

And swearing in videos tend to be stupid/used poorly. The video itself is most likely the same thing

Cyanosis said:

TFW DW is willing to break its own template just to teach some user a lesson.

Needless over-swearing and an F bomb every other sentence sounds retarded or swearing a lot as a tryhard for comedic or edgy effect. Otherwise it's a part of everyday speech and a form of expression for a good majority. I've noticed people nowadays seem to swear more often and more openly these days and it was kinda jarring. Then again, I'm not exactly a social butterfly so maybe it's only a recent discovery to me.

And personally I think you (not you Fonze) are simple minded if you are easily offended by a few letters. I did use to swear a lot more a few years back but since I'm not as easily pissed off these days the rate of fucking this and fucking that has thankfully gone down.

E: Something of interest.

I agree

That list of results is hilarious. And interesting.

Unfortunately for those studies, a correlation doesn't reflect cause/effect or even necessarily a bond. Science, and research, is one of the most creative professions. The thing about swearing: things like calling somebody a "pit of snakes" are swears, but there is a stark difference between something like that and "fucker" or "dumbass." One is more tactful than the other. Of course a person who naturally has a larger vocabulary will also have a larger repertoire of curse words at their disposal, but it's still that individual's choice of going with a curse word over something more tactful in the first place, especially when it comes to saying something bad about somebody or something.

I don't think it's about being offended by words, that's something reserved for folk who never grew up, it's about perception of intelligence in others. If there were a more tactful way to say it; a person with a better vocab wouldn't have settled for "shit." In addition, something else that needs to be factored in whenever cursing is situational awareness; say what is appropriate for the people around you. You wouldn't say "fuck" around a potential employer of class, but if you were laughing and joking with them, feeling them out, gauging their responses, and you note that they are a bit crude themselves, you might be able to slip in a "dildo." By that same token, if everyone around you is cursing, using slang, and/or using filler words, such as "like" and "very," you would stick out like a sore thumb to curse by calling somebody a "pit of snakes;" people would look at you funny. You communicate with others in a way in which they understand (or in other words the way they communicate with others); that's part of good social skills and one good way to get ahead in life. They say your friends are some of the dumbest people you'll ever meet (and that saying applies to your friends about you [you in general, not Cyanosis] as well), which is funny in relation to this because we all naturally talk differently to our friends and others (we probably take for granted) as we do those we actually want to impress. This of course (as well as generally letting our guard down) makes us talk "dumber" around our friends and only keeps the truth to the old saying in a beautifully cyclical chain of irony. But of course you're known by the company you keep and that company shapes your behavior, physically and mentally, with the more time spent together.

It is interesting how swearing has become a more normal thing; we all do it. I do to the point where I begin to notice that some words are more "filler" than anything, which typically is a product of speaking too fast; running the mouth without organizing the thoughts behind it. It's mental laziness; same as the word "like" when not being used to make a real comparison. The old saying of "bad habits are easy to form and hard to break" rings true with many things; laziness and complacency are so easy to fall into because whatever it is, just don't do it. We are also creatures of habit and "not exercising" is as much of a habit as "exercising," whether it's applied to the body or the mind. It looks bad if it seems like you don't think about what you say.

So it boils down, ultimately, to the mental laziness of not choosing a better set of words for the given situation, as well as the necessity of the word in question. If the word was used for a purpose, such as to draw an emotional response, good or bad, to "fit in," (which is a bad choice of words but at least its succinct) or just because "that's what came out." Always, but especially when you first meet a group of people and/or people don't really know you, it's important to understand the typical red flags that people generally have.

So what, you think people sound smarter for not saying bad words or something? Just because they use cuter words doesn't mean what they say is any less stupid. Just look at any sort of political speak.

Good thing Terry Davis doesn't monetize his videos then.
It's literally the only thing I care about on youtube.