Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Warmaster

The Army of Darkness Wad

Ive Just played through the Army Of Darkness wad and i have to say it is one of the best wads ive played. It has a great storyline referencing from the films and is overall very fun.It is also very challenging so if you fancy yourself a hardcore DooMer try it out. Ive always wondered to myself that the super shotgun looks very similiar to Ash's "Boomstick" and im certain that Id got some ideas off of the Evil dead.

If you have seen the movies:

Evil Dead (1981)
Evil Dead 2 (1987)
Evil Dead 3 The Army Of Darkness (1992)

Try this out.
People should make more maps based on movies i suggest.
i know it sounds inpractical but the Matrix would make a fine wad, run around as neo and shoot agents in the matrix.

Credit to Stefan Maes and his team for the Map.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/themes/aod/aoddoom1

Tell me what you think of this 1996 Wad if you have played it.

Warmaster said:

Ive Just played through the Army Of Darkness wad and i have to say it is one of the best wads ive played. It has a great storyline referencing from the films and is overall very fun.It is also very challenging so if you fancy yourself a hardcore DooMer try it out. Ive always wondered to myself that the super shotgun looks very similiar to Ash's "Boomstick" and im certain that Id got some ideas off of the Evil dead.

If you have seen the movies:

Evil Dead (1981)
Evil Dead 2 (1987)
Evil Dead 3 The Army Of Darkness (1992)

Try this out.
People should make more maps based on movies i suggest.
i know it sounds inpractical but the Matrix would make a fine wad, run around as neo and shoot agents in the matrix.

Credit to Stefan Maes and his team for the Map.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/themes/aod/aoddoom1

Tell me what you think of this 1996 Wad if you have played it.

It's actually really fun and well made for its time. As a fan of Evil Dead, I approve.

Geez, you just made me realize that AOD-DOOM is over 20 years old now. The world wide web circa 1995/1996 was such a completely different place that it's hard to really even describe it. Search engines existed, but there was no Google-like one stop shop. The whole concept of social media didn't exist in any recognizable form. People made their own webpages from scratch, and you browsed the web by going through webrings or pages of links.

Linguica said:

The world wide web circa 1995/1996 was such a completely different place that it's hard to really even describe it. Search engines existed, but there was no Google-like one stop shop. The whole concept of social media didn't exist in any recognizable form. People made their own webpages from scratch, and you browsed the web by going through webrings or pages of links.

Does it make me weird if I wished it was still like this? Maybe we could keep Google though because it's super helpful.

Linguica said:

Geez, you just made me realize that AOD-DOOM is over 20 years old now. The world wide web circa 1995/1996 was such a completely different place that it's hard to really even describe it. Search engines existed, but there was no Google-like one stop shop. The whole concept of social media didn't exist in any recognizable form. People made their own webpages from scratch, and you browsed the web by going through webrings or pages of links.

Yeah the old web was way more unique and communities were way more closely knit together, Its kinda sad how so much drama and stupid things have come to the internet and alot of communities don't exist anymore. And yes its AOD-DooM's 20th anniversary and it very much deserves to be in the DooMworld best WaDs of 1996.

Yeah i played this wad a lot, although there's a map that's very confusing, yeah i'm talking about that maze, but netherless it indeed deserves to be in DW's Best Wads of 1996.

J.B.R said:

Yeah i played this wad a lot, although there's a map that's very confusing, yeah i'm talking about that maze, but netherless it indeed deserves to be in DW's Best Wads of 1996.

That Maze was horrible on the pit and im not gonna lie i had to use NoClip to get out of it, and the sequence of fighting after getting out the maze was very tough.