Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MTF Sergeant

Battle: Doomguy VS Doom Slayer

I just got a new idea! What if we pit the original Doomguy and the new Doom Slayer to a battle? Let's see who might win! Please analyze both players before submitting replies.

Ignoring the fact that they're the same guy, I think Doom Slayer gets the victory.

Doomslayer and Doomguy aren't the same person IMO.

Doomslayer isn't "human".
Doomguy is a human.

Doomslayer is not a Marine.
Doomguy is a Marine.

Doomslayer kills demons because of his rage towards demons.
Doomguy kills demons to save humanity.

And concerning the OP: Doesn't matter who wins. They're both winners in my eyes.

Doomguy controlled by an average player of classic Doom wads would win against Doomslayer controlled by an average player of modern FPSs. Doomguy's main advantage is high speed of movement, which might even give him better chances at outmaneuvering Doomslayer's attacks than Doomslayer outmaneuvering Doomguy's attacks even with his jumping and crouching abilities.

Except the new BFG probably doesn't work the same way our beloved BFG 9K works.

Voros said:

Doomguy is a human.

Doomguy is a Marine.

And concerning the OP: Doesn't matter who wins. They're both winners in my eyes.

I haven't played Doom '16 yet but I'd like to think Doomslayer is what happened to Doomguy after Doom 64.

Stayed in hell to kill demons. Demons being totally powerless against him imprisoned him somehow. He was then set free later when the UAC in Doom '16 was messing around in Hell.

AS for the Praetor Suit, I like to imagine the demons wanted to upgrade and mass produce Doomguy's old green armor and made it. Too bad Doomguy/Doomslayer got it before they had a chance to mass produce it.

Spoiler

I like to imagine it this way even though it might be 100% wrong

While new Doomguy may be a bit slower (stress on the bit part), his weaponry is vastly superior. The BFG just pretty much blows up anything within line of sight of the projectile when it impacts and stuns anything it doesn't kill, and the Gauss cannon 2-shots almost anything with sniper-rifle precision. This is not even getting into his multi-barrelled chaingun, plasma rifle stun bombs, guided rockets, or explosive shotgun shells.

Jellyman1303 said:

Doomslayer has the Praetor suit. He wins.

Yeah, you are right in many ways. But the original Doomguy's speed is no match to Doom Slayer's Praetor abilities.

"Doom" from Quake 3 is secretly shedding a manly tear, under his helmet, for not even being mentioned here. And also for questioning his identity, once more.

If Doomguy was 30 years old back in 1993 He would be 50 years old or so now, Doomslayer doesn't grow up (I Think ?), Rip Grandpa .

Doom16's back cover clearly states that you play as the Doom Marine, so they are the same guy, as is Doom from Q3A.

Also the D64 reference is bang on the money IMO.

Zulk-RS said:

Except the new BFG probably doesn't work the same way our beloved BFG 9K works.

I haven't played Doom '16 yet but I'd like to think Doomslayer is what happened to Doomguy after Doom 64.

Stayed in hell to kill demons. Demons being totally powerless against him imprisoned him somehow. He was then set free later when the UAC in Doom '16 was messing around in Hell.

AS for the Praetor Suit, I like to imagine the demons wanted to upgrade and mass produce Doomguy's old green armor and made it. Too bad Doomguy/Doomslayer got it before they had a chance to mass produce it.

Spoiler

I like to imagine it this way even though it might be 100% wrong

Exactly. I think that the Praetor Suit is just Doomguy's old green armor with Argent parts where skin was showing (like the arms and chest). "Doomslayer" is Doomguy after the events of Doom 64, but he got hooked up with the Night Senteniels and they gave him powers (like super strength, and the ability to jump). Eventually the demons couldn't put up with his destruction anymore so they locked him in a tomb on Mars... And he woke up right as the invasion that happened on Phobos and Deimos occurred, or maybe an alternate timeline.

So Doomslayer would win, because he is literally a more experienced and powerful version of Doomguy.

When the Boogeyman goes to bed every night he checks the closet for Chuck Norris. But when Chuck Norris goes to bed every night he checks the closet for the Doom Slayer.

Voros said:

Doomguy is a human.

Doomguy is a Marine.

I assumed they were the same person and that the demon outbreak in DOOM 2016 is actually the 2nd time it happened. Doomguy became trapped in hell somewhere along the line (I see people mentioning Doom 64 but I haven't played it all the way through yet.) The Praetor suit is just a redesigned version of the suit from the old games, and the part about him not being human I assumed was bullshit and the demons might have made up some sort of mythology about him whilst frozen. When he is strapped to the altar in the beginning of the game we can see that he sure as hell does look human.

But probably the biggest reason I think they are the same person is because there is an artifact in DOOM 2016 that depicts the Doomslayer. The artifact is an engraving of the cover of 1993 DOOM.

And apparently if you kill yourself by shooting an explosive barrel on a classic map the doomguy sprite is shown inside the helmet. I uninstalled the game so I can't verify that.

The Super Shotgun can instakill another player if close enough

The New Double Barrel Shotgun doest seem to be able to do from my experience in multiplayer.

Now lets assume Doomguy and Doom Slayer are 2 separate entities in the same arena/room/office building and they have a fight using only the weapons they have.

Fists No berserk: Doomguy died because apparently, Doom Slayer just rip and teared him to shreds

Fists with bersek: Doomguy died because he got instakilled by Doom Slayer and his punch rng was shit

Chainsaw: Doomguy got instakkiled, but he dropped 50 pistol clips!

Pistol: Doomguy ran out of ammo and died.

Shotgun: idk, Doomguy was shot but he sniped Doom Slayer

Super Shotgun: Doomguy just ran up to Doom Slayer and fukd him up

Chaingun: Doomguy just chaingun tapped from a mile away.

Rocket Launcher: No one wins because they though that they could use it as a Super Shotgun.

Plasma Gun/Rifle: Doom Slayer's ears were killed by Doomguy's plasma rifle

BFG 9000: idk.

Winner: Doomguy because he seems able to actually speak (Although being mostly unfs and grunts) and I like him more and this was a 100% fair comparision.

Alright, let's pretend those two are two seperate entities.

Doomguy can't look around. Autoaim helps him with that. Doomguy has high fucking speed. Doomguy has a shotgun and chaingun, which are virtually sniper rifles. Doomguy's SSG does the same damage as a rocket. Doomguy can't jump or crouch, thus he is limited to the area... No wait, Q3A Doomguy is basically the same person, SO he CAN jump and crouch. BFG 9000 takes... 4 seconds to fire.

Doomslayer can look around. Nothing to aid him in aiming. Slow as a turtle compared to Doomguy. Has the Gauss cannon, and the ability to make his weapons better. SSG doesn't seem as powerful as Doomguy's one, BUT it is faster when reloading, or firing the two barrels seperately helps too. Can jump, double jump and crouch. BFG takes... 4 seconds? Meh.

Conclusion: Doomguy.
Advantage: Speed.
Reason: Can circlestrafe continuously around Doomslayer over 65 mph, with the help of autoaim.
Disadvantage: Melee.
Reason: Doomguy's chainsaw sucks ass compared to Doomslayer's chainsaw. His fists are slow. Doomslayer's fists are fast and powerful.

Notes: Doomguy can also SKATEBOARD LIKE A PRO :D

Unf said:

Winner: Doomguy because he seems able to actually speak (Although being mostly unfs and grunts) and I like him more and this was a 100% fair comparision.

Doom Guy was never really meant to have a distinct personality, though. The whole point of him not being given a name was so the player could more identify with him.

MetroidJunkie said:

Doom Guy was never really meant to have a distinct personality, though. The whole point of him not being given a name was so the player could more identify with him.

I was refering to the fact that when I played nuDoom, Doomguy (or Doom Slayer) never made any sound, or atleast I didnt hear him do a sound like "UNF" at all, while the original Doomguy did make pain noises, UNFs, OOMPHS and stuff like that

Unf said:

I was refering to the fact that when I played nuDoom, Doomguy (or Doom Slayer) never made any sound, or atleast I didnt hear him do a sound like "UNF" at all, while the original Doomguy did make pain noises, UNFs, OOMPHS and stuff like that

Doomguy's pain sound is a dump in reverse. Fact.

In other words, played normally, it means Doomguy is taking in crap. An excellent metaphor for all the crap he has to take in from the enemies. Clearly, id were full of philosophical geniuses who put a lot of care and detail into their products. -Cut to Romero playing air guitar in the middle of development-

Doomslayer would get stun-locked while performing a really long and epic animated glory-kill, while the Doom marine would take advantage of this and waste him by punching him just once with the power of a berserk-pack.

Unf said:

The Super Shotgun can instakill another player if close enough
The New Double Barrel Shotgun doest seem to be able to do from my experience in multiplayer.

It can liquefy enemies just as well as the old one though, if not more so. So that could just mean the Elite Guards are more resilient than classic Doomguy, and they tend to be on the squishy side compared to the Doomslayer.

I know this is beside the point, but why would Doomguy travel to the future to kill a reincarnation of himself? Does he have some sort of future suicide wish or what?

Why would they even fight each other in the first place? If you want to play the rational game. Given Doom Guy assaulted his commanding officer for telling him to shoot an unarmed civilian, he probably isn't going to side with the UAC over Doom Slayer and certainly not Hell. If anything, Doom Guy would likely want to fight alongside him.