Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

Games you'd love to see ripped off of or cloned.

I'd love to see a quake clone, or like a pokemon for adults (not sexually, but in violence). What about you guys?

Since the game has been released on every platform except for PC, I'd love to see a Crystal Defenders clone with the same mechanics. I'm not a huge tower defense fan, but I enjoyed Crystal Defenders very much.

I'd enjoy a Duke Nukem clone, or a modern Duke Nukem 3D clone in particular. SiN is the only one I can think of, which was by one of Duke 3D's lead level designers Levelord.

I'd enjoy a Max Payne or Wet clone, just more stylish diving around in slow-mo third person stuff, etc. Stranglehold is one.

a Doom 4 clone please.

I get the feeling they're gonna fuck up Doom 5 by changing the formula of Doom 4 too much.

Plus a modern Wolfenstein or Blood or Duke or whatever with Doom 4 gameplay would be AMAZING.

Dead Space and System Shock 2, if there hasn't been enough of them that is.

A Shadow Warrior clone, except with a Persian setting, you know, like Prince of Persia Warrior Within where you could decapitate and slice enemies in half.

I'd like to see a Sonic clone but instead of playing as Sonic, you play as an actual Hedgehog that has no spectacular abilities.

In all seriousness though, a Metal Gear Solid clone would be nice, save for the supernatural element present in the second half of the game.

I'd actually like to see a Pokemon game, same mechanics basically, but with Dinosaurs. Pokemon has some Dino-like Pokemon on its own, but I'd like flat out Dinosaurs. All different kinds, probably some scifi moves: Basically a better version of that Jurassic Park III DNA Dino Fighting game. But in the Pokemon style.

TraceOfSpades said:

I'd like to see a Sonic clone but instead of playing as Sonic, you play as an actual Hedgehog that has no spectacular abilities.

Don't you think that's a bit over the top?

dethtoll said:

God forbid we have more games like Super Metroid.

You mean like Axiom Verge? Its remarkably Metroid without actually being it.

Not a clone, but I'd love to see someone make a more complex version of Jurassic Park Operation Genesis. That could have been a kickass series of games and no one's doing anything with it or the idea.

YukiHerz said:

Blood with a Berserk influence.

Powerslave, but set in a Mezoamerican ruins...

So like Serious Sam's Second Encounter? That would be cool to see.

How about more games set in Feudal Japan? Onimusha and Shadow Warrior '13 have great settings and monster designs themed around it and it seems to be criminally underused.

Would personally love a new Unreal 1 / Turok style game set on a fantastic alien planet with a wide range of themes and scenarios where you have to survive through many odds and ends until you eventually escape/overthrow the baddies, using UE4.

And more Wolfenstein 3D clones like Blake Stone, Corridor 7, Super 3D Noah's Ark, and the recent indie efforts Intrude and Merger 3D. They all get something right while they get something else wrong making them not nearly as flexible and polished as id's own game. Complete them with workshop support and an easy-to-use map editor and I'd be a happy nerd.

Cyanosis said:

So like Serious Sam's Second Encounter? That would be cool to see.

How about more games set in Feudal Japan? Onimusha and Shadow Warrior '13 have great settings and monster designs themed around it and it seems to be criminally underused.

Yeah, except i don't really see Powerslave being close to the horde-type gameplay.

I've been wanting to do a Japan-inspired map for doom, but the problem with that is that classic Japanese architecture has these very ornate roofs and sidewalks around towers that would need many 3d floors and slopes...

AbhinandAnilDoomguy said:

Willing to get a Doom-Pokemon mashup. I've been thinking about catching demons and carrying 'em around and battling other 'Doomguys'.

Some sort if gps based demon invasion game would be interesting. Could have ammo and weapons and hell portals everywhere

rf` said:

You mean like Axiom Verge? Its remarkably Metroid without actually being it.

Yes, more like that. It's funny how it got panned for being too much like Metroid.

Flesh420 said:

Not a clone, but I'd love to see someone make a more complex version of Jurassic Park Operation Genesis. That could have been a kickass series of games and no one's doing anything with it or the idea.

This would be certainly great. Zoo Tycoon 2 came somewhat close, and the mods certainly expanded it, but another OpGen would be fantastic, as long as it moved forward with the concept.

Classic Dooms and 90s FPSs, because today's FPSs are too different from them in ways that I don't like.