Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Brad_tilf

Looking for a reveiwer - or 2 or 3

Hey fellow Doomers. I'm looking for a person or persons who would be interested in doing reviews for Doom Wad Station. I've been sort of slacking on those a little but since I work alot and I have other things to do as well.... you get the idea.
Anyway, if anyone would be interested, I'm just looking for someone who would be interested, has some decent writing skills and enough knowledge to write a decent review - any of the Doom games, or all of them - Doom - through Doom 4(2016?).
Anyway, if you're interested, let me know.

Thanks

I love writing! I've never written a review on any professional level before, but I reckon I could do a decent job.

And yeah, what exactly would we be reviewing?

I'd love to write about some (shorter) zdoom wads or anything Doom 4 related. I'll have a lot of free time in the next 3 weeks so I'm up for it.

Taking a guess, I'd say any and every wad/mod that would be worth reading about. Doom 1, 2, 3, or 4.

Fonze said:

Taking a guess, I'd say any and every wad/mod that would be worth reading about. Doom 1, 2, 3, or 4.

Ya, that's pretty much it. I'll sometimes delve into a single map because it takes a fair amount of time to play a map and review so I generally stay away from the longer ones. But ya, anything for any of the Doom games - whether it be vanilla doom/doom2 or Doom 3, Doom 4 or any port, etc... Doesn't really matter. Sometimes I get maps sent to me but mostly I just go looking for something that looks like it might be interesting. Also, when other people do reviews for the site, they just generally send me a text file zipped up with some pictures and then I put it all together on a web page with link to the file. So all the formatting for the web page is me. It's just writing and taking pics basically

AwesomeO-789 said:

I love writing! I've never written a review on any professional level before, but I reckon I could do a decent job.

And yeah, what exactly would we be reviewing?

I'd love to write about some (shorter) zdoom wads or anything Doom 4 related. I'll have a lot of free time in the next 3 weeks so I'm up for it.

Sounds good. Just send me a pm and we can discuss your interest. Thanks.

I wouldn't mind writing some constructive reviews! I've been actively making maps since approx. 2012 (in both ZDoom and Boom formats), though I would say I'm more experienced with (G)ZDoom-ism in general.

My Doom-resume consists of my first few nameless vanilla Doom maps (I think I named them things like "test" and "new"), which I unfortunately never got to add to the idGames archive and were subsequently lost. My GZDoom map called "Straight to Hell" (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/sth), and my contribution to the "Five Rooms of Doom" community WAD called "The Overkill" (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/5room).

Agentbromsnor said:

I wouldn't mind writing some constructive reviews! I've been actively making maps since approx. 2012 (in both ZDoom and Boom formats), though I would say I'm more experienced with (G)ZDoom-ism in general.

My Doom-resume consists of my first few nameless vanilla Doom maps (I think I named them things like "test" and "new"), which I unfortunately never got to add to the idGames archive and were subsequently lost. My GZDoom map called "Straight to Hell" (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/s-u/sth), and my contribution to the "Five Rooms of Doom" community WAD called "The Overkill" (https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/5room).

If you feel confident, and you can write a few paragraphs that show you know that you know the subject and can produce something that doesn't look like a 5th grader wrote it, then I'm more than happy to accept your willingness to do reviews. Personally, I think doing reviews is knowing more about how to write and putting your thoughts on paper so that other people understand your point. We all know games and we all know what makes a good map vs what makes a bad map and what points do that. We all should know that a map doesn't have to be the design of the year as long as the gameplay is good but on the flip side of that, the gameplay can be just "ok" in an amazing looking map and depending on what you like to see, or how you enjoy your gameplay will color your opinion.

So, ya, after rambling on like that - please, send me a pm. That would be awesome.