Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
watstha

SNapmap - Unholy Cathedral

So, this is my first snapmap posted here and also a bit late.

Thing is, after so much battling with Snapmap and thanks to ShadesMaster´s advice, I managed to built an entire new section of the map without crashes (just one that can be avoided by not going to the right or looking at the sky at the beginning of the map.)

So, here it is: FHDWN2Z4

Here´s a video of the map: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLPxj-b9ypY

ShadesMaster said:

Good work! I'm glad u finally finished this! Will give it a whirl when I'm on my computer next month:)

Hope you enjoy it, man and thanks again for the help =D

Doom64guy6 said:

This is the most unique non gamemode related level I have ever played. This actually plays like an actual pwad on doom 2

So glad you enjoyed it, man =D

I tried my hardest to play it, but the seizurific tesseract thing that would appear whenever I look in a certain direction was just too much. Looks interesting, though, if a bit cramped and over-dark.

Jaxxoon R said:

I tried my hardest to play it, but the seizurific tesseract thing that would appear whenever I look in a certain direction was just too much. Looks interesting, though, if a bit cramped and over-dark.

Ya I had to stop playing because of that, seems like a cool map but that weird glitch was giving me a headache, this map should probably come with a warning because I'm pretty sure that would set someone off if they had epilepsy

Doktor Mandrake said:

Ya I had to stop playing because of that, seems like a cool map but that weird glitch was giving me a headache, this map should probably come with a warning because I'm pretty sure that would set someone off if they had epilepsy

Sadly, I have no true way of fixing that, seems more like the engine´s problem than the map itself. Snapmap simply can´t handle this kind of prop oversaturation.

Although, thanks for the heads up, I will post a warning whenever I can, but I will have to delete some things in the description (For some weird reason, you can´t write more than two lines in the description)

Couldn't you split it up across multiple modules? There's got to be an isolated room or two you can access with teleporters instead.

Just finished it.

WOW! This was great. It really feels like a classic Doom map.

I loved the creative ways you overcame the limitations of Snapmap. That's the spirit of Doom modding right there.

The colors were a bit too garish and intense, even for Doom and sometimes it was a bit too dark.

The enemies also had a few pathing errors due to the map being made by using props.

Still. Well done.