Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaZa

Texture Extravaganza [COMMUNITY PROJECT] (CANCELLED - Check last post)

DoomLover234 said:

I'll give you the textures today.

Sorry to be really really really boring, but your today has already become yesterday.
(don't disappear for another month please, heh)

bzzrak said:

Sorry to be really really really boring, but your today has already become yesterday.
(don't disappear for another month please, heh)

Yes it has.

I think I lost my textures list, but I'll search for it. If I don't find it I'll give you all random textures.

TheArcadeStriker said:

Give me a 20, then.

- CRATE3
- ZIMMER8
- NUKEDGE1
- PIPE4
- door, trak, switch

- FLAT17
- FLAT5_2
- FWATER3
- MFLR8_4

NecrumWarrior said:

Fuckit, amirite? Give me Number 6. Maybe a little limitation will get the juices flowing.

- MARBLOD1
- TEKLITE2
- MARBFACE
- STARG1
- door, trak, switch

- SLIME15
- TLITE6_4
- RROCK08
- FLOOR5_3

bzzrak said:

OK, so as this project appears to be a bit dead and I appear to be a bit bored with my current map, I have decided to kill two rabbits with one stone and take my chances here.

Gimme number 27. If 27's busy, gimme 28. Making the map might take me up to a month, so don't sign me up if that's a deal-breaker.

P.S. if I get a texture, say STARTAN1, may I use the corresponding switch? (i.e. SWxSTRTN)
EDIT: thanks joe-ilya!
EDIT2: both 27 and 28 appear to be taken, so 29 please? If that one is taken too, give me whatever you like. And please update the OP sometimes!

couldn't find this one

-BRICK6
-ZIMMER2
-STARTAN3
-SKINLOW
-door, switch, trak

-CEIL5_2
-RROCK13
-FLOOR6_1
-GATE2

EDIT: Muumi, Du Mhan Yu has already picked, claimed and made a map based off slot 8. Please choose another slot.

muumi said:

Alright. Give me 9 then. If its also taken, anything that is free.

- BRICK6
- CRATE1
- LITE3
- BRICK5
- door, trak, switch

- SLIME05
- SFLR7_1
- SLIME09
- TLITE6_5
- shit flats so you can use another one

dobu gabu maru said:

No deadline to this I suppose? Just keep going until we have 32 maps?

30, and 2 secret maps with 3 tex/flats. That will be done later.

Okay, this is just my opinion, but I think the project will thrive best at sub-32 maps. One of the most important things 50 Shades did was to make sure it didn't extend itself over into megawad territory, and I feel unless you have a lot of people doing creative things with the limited texture use, it's best for it not to overstay its welcome.

Your call, of course.

Gimme 23.

No promises I'll actually do something, but I'll do my best to fiddle around and see if I can get a good idea going. And don't worry, I will tell you if I end giving up.

Too bored with my current project, let's see if something different gets the juices flowing.

@Albertoni
METAL1
ROCKRED1
GRAYTALL
BFALL1

CEIL3_6
CEIL4_1
RROCK12
FLAT23

@Liberation
SKINFACE
PANEL5
TEKWALL1
SLADWALL

CEIL5_2
FLAT1_1
NUKAGE1
FLAT8

DoomLover234 said:

ROCKRED1
GRAYTALL
BFALL1

Do you want a red map? Because this is how you get a red map.

Also, just to be sure. Can I use BFALL2-4 to create effects with the animations?

Albertoni said:

Do you want a red map? Because this is how you get a red map.

Also, just to be sure. Can I use BFALL2-4 to create effects with the animations?

Well, since BFALL1 itself loops through those, it technically uses BFALL2-4 so go ahead.

"Oh no, it's that idiot bumping again". Did I read your thoughts?

Yeah, sorry for bumping. My question is: as we already have a BEX file, would it be legitimate to make all those hanging bodies decorations non-blocking? Blocking decorations are kinda useless IMHO, and you know, they block my creativity too.

Why not? I'll make up a new beta soon, busy with my personal project, tho I have time now!

Looking good! The only map that could use hanging body is maybe best used as an invisible labyrinth although that's not a good idea.

I have no choices so, 28. No promises though, but it's a nice chance for me to make something quickly for once :P

I guess i'm too late to the ball on this (unless i can take the spot of someone who has no showed) but i am interested to see what i could come up with... can you assign me something?

Just to show I'm doing something with mine:

Spoiler

I did a little trick (that would implode vanilla almost surely) in that last image, let's see if you can spot it :3

Edit:
Also, I affectionately call this area "slimetrail hell." Fixed as many as I could, still got half a dozen 1-pixel wide ones.

@gaspe
STONE7
METAL7
BLAKWAL2
PANEL3
door, trak, switch

RROCK07
GATE4
SLIME01
FLOOR5_4

@scotty
ROCKRED1
ICKWALL5
CEMENT5
LITE3

FLAT23
FLAT4
CEIL1_3
RROCK17

@Albertoni that is excellent, it looks really nice! Is it the slope shading that would implode Vanilla?

@walter confalonieri Alright, I'll erase you.

DoomLover234 said:

@Albertoni that is excellent, it looks really nice! Is it the slope shading that would implode Vanilla?

Yeah. Amusingly, the only place where it does go over 128 visplanes is unreachable without noclip.

Then the area in the last screenshot goes over 2000 of them at some points, to compensate.

Tough texture combo...

There we go:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8ft4hwdzqngze9z/texture_extravaganza_albertoni.zip?dl=1

I call this little piece of crap "Soul-Searching." If you run it with ZDoom or other ports that support mapinfo, it has Vrooom by King Crimson as soundtrack too.

I'd rather have it placed late, with the hell sky if possible, but considering the amount of enemies used it might feel far too easy so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, if you are allergic to slime trails, stay away or use OpenGL. I fixed the most egregious ones, but I spent like 6 hours fixing the 1-pixel ones and it's still a mess. Enough is enough.

Here goes nothing...

---
Well, here it is: my first Doom 2 map, my first Boom-compatible map and my first map for a CP!

CASTLE OF HEGEMONIC CRUCIFIXION rc1

It's around 80% done. The map is pretty much finished, I just have to find a (more) fitting music and sky, as well as fix bugs, if any appear.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/eea4n3wb3ilh04u/CAOFHECR_RC1_for_tex_extra.zip
(contains a WAD and a text file with some details. ZIP size is 145 KB.)

Oh, and PLEASE play on Hurt Me Plenty. UV is a bit... oh you'll see.

Also, epilepsy warning applies.

--------------
Moreover, I've figured out a few tricks about how to make SKINLOW (104-tall, dammit!) usable, I'll tell you about it later.

EDIT: 300th post, hurrah

Always nice to see new maps when you log back on!

I'll give them both a play. They look tasty.