Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

DOOM - Deatchmatch and Arcade Mode Live Stream Annoucement

I feel like it's too little too late when it comes to the MP. Most people have moved on and unless you're living on the NA region it's a pain to find full games. With Overwatch already out and Titanfall 2/CODAW/BF1 releasing in a little over a month it's not going to be the runaway success id/Bethesda want it to be.

Arcade mode could be fun for a while I guess??? Provided they did something about the cutscenes in Chapters 2 and 8, which I doubt.

MrSkeltal said:

I feel like it's too little too late when it comes to the MP. Most people have moved on and unless you're living on the NA region it's a pain to find full games. With Overwatch already out and Titanfall 2/CODAW/BF1 releasing in a little over a month it's not going to be the runaway success id/Bethesda want it to be.

I don't think they expected it to be a runaway success, which is why it was outsourced. It's a building block to something with potential though. See you on Doom II MP in 2020.

That's said, I'm enjoying the MP still. Anyone know what the highest rank is?

I'm sure they expected the multiplayer to be way more popular and better received than it was considering how it had an alpha, multiple betas, trailers, the "pre-order Wolfenstein: The New Order for Doom multiplayer Beta" promotion in late 2013/early 2014 (one of the first things mentioned about the new Doom), and finally all the DLC announced for the game being maps and items for it.

MrSkeltal said:

I'm sure they expected the multiplayer to be way more popular and better received than it was considering how it had an alpha, multiple betas, trailers, the "pre-order Wolfenstein: The New Order for Doom multiplayer Beta" promotion in late 2013/early 2014 (one of the first things mentioned about the new Doom), and finally all the DLC announced for the game being maps and items for it.

And they had no idea they were going up against Goliaths in the industry, on any giving time. OK. Doom MP is/was an Addendum.

That delay gave me a feeling that Multiplayer has been one of their low priorities, I feel Quake Champions is their high priority right now .

The logic of id/bethesda is something I don't get. MP on the whole is not wanted/desired nor needed, while more SP which is all doom is about = tons more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for the company. I am ready to pay in excess of $100 for even an expansion with half the amount of levels we got (which i already feel was little but that shows you how great I feel it was) that continues the story, that shows you how good doom 2016 campaign was. Digital crack and heroin, and I know there are TONS out there who feel the same way I do. Just looking at every doom MP-related video on YT and its comments, there is maybe one person in 100 who is interested (not even excited lol) for its MP. Its ... just .... *Sigh* *facepalm* *FML*

They know all this very well, they have tons of feedback re. this issue .... but guys at id/bethesda however, they still be like 'More mp dlc's and addendums it is then!!!!!'

So to all those saying that it probably didnt do as well as id hoped for, I think its the opposite, they made enough sales and right now they don't care and are doing whatever they want to cuz they simply dont have to gaf.

Everyone chill out. The Old Blood was announced after months of silence. I'm sure they're working on something.

@massivefanofdoom : There are people who still would love to play DOOM MP, and ID are just going to release 2 more MP DLCs then we might see something for SP, I read an article where Stratton hinted More SIngleplayer content coming when time comes, It's too early to release it IMO .

+ That's not a Multiplayer DLC, That's another Major Free Multiplayer update, You should be thankful they're adding those modes for free and that every SnapMap Update will be free .

Oh im not mad or angry, sorry if i sound so and im also not naive enough to expect more campaign in a couple of months. Xmas 2016 or summer 17 sounds more realistic, but my original point is that otoh i dont get them focusing all their energy on 3 mp dlcs and mostly mp fixes/addendums when from my perspective there just isnt a huge demand or need for it and doom2016 was mostly if not mainly, praised for its sp campaign.

DMGUYDZ64 said:

@massivefanofdoom : There are people who still would love to play DOOM MP, and ID are just going to release 2 more MP DLCs then we might see something for SP, I read an article where Stratton hinted More SIngleplayer content coming when time comes, It's too early to release it IMO .

+ That's not a Multiplayer DLC, That's another Major Free Multiplayer update, You should be thankful they're adding those modes for free and that every SnapMap Update will be free .

Not disagreeing with anything you are saying per se, it just weirded me out how they already had 3 mp packs planned before release when the mp beta was getting soooo much crap from ppl and then the game got released and while some players warmed up to the mp more, no one can deny it was mainly the sp that made the impact and the bulk of the success.

As a personal note - yea im grateful for anything free or their hard work in general, obviously. I just personally have no use for both and just some news or headsup of work on sp or whats gonna come in the near or distant future would be sweet, instead of being left in the dark almost 5 months later.

They're taking care of each aspect of the game if you have been keeping an eye on each Update article they post, Singleplayer, Multiplayer and SnapMap, First update Brought Photo Mode and bunch of Fixes to Singleplayer, 2nd Brought SnapMap Hell Modules and New features, and 3rd Will Bring Deathmatch mode to the Multiplayer, So yeah my guess is they have plans for Future .

I don't think they're denying the SP Success, They're probably just trying to Please everyone, there are fans for Multiplayer and SnapMap so i believe that is why they're still updating it .

DMGUYDZ64 said:

They're taking care of each aspect of the game if you have been keeping an eye on each Update article they post, Singleplayer, Multiplayer and SnapMap, First update Brought Photo Mode and bunch of Fixes to Singleplayer, 2nd Brought SnapMap Hell Modules and New features, and 3rd Will Bring Deathmatch mode to the Multiplayer, So yeah my guess is they have plans for Future .

I know man. I know abt photomode and the upcoming arcade mode thingy. Bug/fixes are obv just tiny weeny qol things not even worth mentioning in the context. Im sure they are working on something and taking their sweet time, let us just hope a worthy headline comes our way before or around xmas time that isnt just photo mode or the like :)

DOOM's multiplayer got unfair criticism because of today's generation of people's stupidity by jumping on bandwagons of anything. Only a small amount of people hated the multiplayer and do you wanna guess what the reason was? C'mon take a WILD guess on what it is, nevermind I'll tell you guys anyway: it was labeled as being "similar" to cod and halo which is such an overdone and retarded comparison that has been practiced for almost a decade since the first modern warfare game. The game plays nothing like COD and as for the halo comparison it was even worse, because DOOM is sci-fi then suddenly it means that it's a "rip-off" of halo when DOOM was actually responsible for giving Halo it's inspiration especially Master chief. I swear man this generation is terrible at comparing games with each other and lacks respect for franchises that inspired other shooters to come into existence.

massivefanofdoom said:

Oh im not mad or angry, sorry if i sound so and im also not naive enough to expect more campaign in a couple of months. Xmas 2016 or summer 17 sounds more realistic, but my original point is that otoh i dont get them focusing all their energy on 3 mp dlcs and mostly mp fixes/addendums when from my perspective there just isnt a huge demand or need for it and doom2016 was mostly if not mainly, praised for its sp campaign.

Because you don't just change/drop plans with these kinds of things. They take months/years of work.

Multiplayers are something you build as the franchise goes along. I'm sure they knew they were gonna eat it to some degree on the MP. (I mean, it was outsourced) This is just the beginning.

I think it's crazy that anyone would think they wouldn't or shouldn't put out a MP. Trust me, if they didn't, people would be complaining. What? SP only? I'll be waiting till it's $10 on Steam then. Fuck it, I'll just pirate it.

NodEliteX5 said:

DOOM's multiplayer got unfair criticism because of today's generation of people's stupidity by jumping on bandwagons of anything. Only a small amount of people hated the multiplayer and do you wanna guess what the reason was? C'mon take a WILD guess on what it is, nevermind I'll tell you guys anyway: it was labeled as being "similar" to cod and halo which is such an overdone and retarded comparison that has been practiced for almost a decade since the first modern warfare game. The game plays nothing like COD and as for the halo comparison it was even worse, because DOOM is sci-fi then suddenly it means that it's a "rip-off" of halo when DOOM was actually responsible for giving Halo it's inspiration especially Master chief. I swear man this generation is terrible at comparing games with each other and lacks respect for franchises that inspired other shooters to come into existence.

You're 100% right we think the same about this.

Sig said:

Because you don't just change/drop plans with these kinds of things. They take months/years of work.

Multiplayers are something you build as the franchise goes along. I'm sure they knew they were gonna eat it to some degree on the MP. (I mean, it was outsourced) This is just the beginning.

I think it's crazy that anyone would think they wouldn't or shouldn't put out a MP. Trust me, if they didn't, people would be complaining. What? SP only? I'll be waiting till it's $10 on Steam then. Fuck it, I'll just pirate it.

Final Fantasy XV is gonna be SP only and yet it has loads of people waiting for it's release this November.

Krimson Madness said:

You're 100% right we think the same about this.

If anything the multiplayer is similar to Quake 3 arena (minus the loadouts) and not to mention power ups like haste, regeneration, and Quad damage especially quad damage and it even has the same soundbyte like it did in the past.

NodEliteX5 said:

Final Fantasy XV is gonna be SP only and yet it has loads of people waiting for it's release this November.

That's a damn JRPG. Very, very few of those are ever multiplayer, let alone online competitive multiplayer like you see in most shooters.

Jaxxoon R said:

That's a damn JRPG. Very, very few of those are ever multiplayer, let alone online competitive multiplayer like you see in most shooters.

There is a "multiplayer" version of Final Fantasy XV it's called Final Fantasy 14 reborn.