Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

E1M1 Jazz Edition

Now I want tip-tapping, finger-snappin' imps and zombies in zoot and 1920s gangster suits, dammit! And a Tommygun replacement for the Chaingun.

Maes said:

Now I want tip-tapping, finger-snappin' imps and zombies in zoot and 1920s gangster suits, dammit! And a Tommygun replacement for the Chaingun.

I second this statement.

This might actually be better than the original, holy shit. But I also love jazz so I'm biased. OP, what program did you compose this in?

Maes said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Great remix. Hilarious, and good quality! :)

VonHootie02 said:

I've recently thought of a gangsters-themed Doom TC. This proves it could happen.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing this become a reality!

Maes said:

That freaking hurts - heh.

@DooM_RO: So I guess I can't download it?? (Is there a link on that page, and I'm just being thick, or do you just not want to release it?) Either way, it's very nice!

@kb1: I think it's SoundCloud policy. It never had a direct download link, AFAIK, but in the olden days you could fuck around with the Console in the browser or the browser's cache and retrieve the complete tune easily. Now, they switched to some sort of "semi-streaming" MP3 format (just 9 second snippets at a time), and you require a valid session key (!) to download each of them. So, if you really have patience, you could painstakingly assemble them all into a complete tune...or write/find a software that will do that for you.

Of course, there's the oldschool way of simply recording "What U hear" with Audacity, or attaching an external recorder to your PC and record the audio. Analog loophole, yay ;-)

A workaround for the first condition that Maes described is to get an embed for the Soundcloud (under "Share"), then stick that embed somewhere where you can edit html and get it to show up on a page. From there, something like DownloadHelper (which I use) will be able to download the fully assembled file.

Thanks, guys. That's always annoying. Doom is about sharing. I swear they'd build encryption into our brains, if they could.

I'm digging the .GIF: