Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
𝕲𝖗𝖊𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖎𝖌𝖊𝖗1

Doom 2016 for Doom/Doom2?

greentiger said:

My computer can't run Doom2016 but I love the graphics of the weapons and monsters.
Is anyone planning any kind of TC for Doom/Doom2?
Perhaps converting the enemy models as sprites? New wall textures? New weapons?
I would love to hear any info about that kind of thing!

You'll probably get the hardware far faster than a proper Doom 2016 TC (that includes everything).

We already have Doom 4 Doom mod, so the only thing we need would be maps. They would be for ZDoom, if not GZDoom, of course.

zion is now using hd weapons and on zdoom someone is ripping the doom4 monsters: baron of hell and hellknight. I think into few months maybe we can see a doom4 tc.

There are several gameplay mods with this intent, like the ones already mentioned (Zion and D4D), and a few others like 'Argent', one for 3DGE, an addon for Brutal Doom, there's also a texture mod, music mods and even map conversions and some other goodies. Here's some textures: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=52356 Here's a new WIP version of the Campaign conversion, just released: http://www.moddb.com/mods/doom-4-campaign-4-doom-2/downloads/doom-4-campaign-4-doom-2-v-202

Doom 4 vanilla is a total conversion for doom and doom 2, it adds new weapons, demons, and maps to doom 2, and you can play the classic maps too

1 hour ago, Deathclaw886 said:

Doom 4 vanilla is a total conversion for doom and doom 2, it adds new weapons, demons, and maps to doom 2, and you can play the classic maps too

Everyone (including OP) knows this. Please don't resurrect a dead thread if you are promoting a well-known mod.

For Quake there is mod call Slayer Testament. In general it is Doom 2016 in Quake. And i think it brings Doom 2016 gameplay much better than Doom 4 for Doom 2, probably because Quake and Doom 2016 have much more in common than new and old Dooms