Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite enemy?

Probably the Baron of Hell, mainly because I will forever remember its appearance at the end of E1M8. The bosses of the episode, and taking them on with the rocket launcher. Classic. It wasn't until many years later I played the other three episodes, I was more of a Doom 2 person. So my other favorites would be the Pain Elemental and Arachnotron, more so than the Cacodemon or Cyber-Demon, for example.

If we can include fan-created monsters, I'm a big fan over the Overlord. Difficult but a lot of fun to fight.

Guest Unregistered account

I

LOVE

MANCUBI

mines is the Arch-Vile, he looks threatening, superior to other monsters, and don't seem to belong any of the two worlds(hell and earth)but a totally different dimension/world/reality

Kapanyo said:

I

LOVE

MANCUBI

Me too. The mancubus from Doom II looked badass with its' flame tank on it's back.

The Doom 3 Mancubus kinda looks like Vilgax from the Ben 10 series.

Kapanyo said:

I

LOVE

MANCUBI

Ever heard of

Spoiler

Mancubus Encounter

?

Anyway, my favourite is the Imp or Pinky. They're both total failures and they have some sort of soul, something indescribable (does that word even exist?) that other monsters don't. And because IMPatience was a fun thing to play through.

scifista42 said:

Definitely the Archvile. Details here.

pretty much what i think. i'd only rate berserk higher, just because i like beating the crap out of everything ;)

definitely the archvile because there's nothing more threatening in most cases. his attack can't be dodged, and if he doesn't hit, he can still ruin all your previous work.

For many years my favorite was the AV, but there's just something about PE's and giving the player only/mostly rockets that makes me smile. Also, I like that PE's are one of the few monsters that can generally match an AV in terms of priority targets.

Isn't the correct answer to this question still "blue keycard"? Times change, I guess. Maybe the revenant doesn't wear pants any more either.

Aquanet said:

I'm warming up to the arch vile

I see what you did there.

roadworx said:

are you ever gonna stop fucking that mancubus?

I think there's enough of 'er for everyone here.

I'd have to go with the cyberdemon, when I first played doom a few years ago, he kicked my ass so hard, he left more of a firm impression in my mind than any other monster, also nothing produces an "oh sh!t" reaction quite like seeing him pop up in a map

Arachnotron since they look adorable but also fun to fight since they use my favourite gun.

Cacodemon

Arch-vile ( It's always fun to sprint away in terror once you start to catch fire)

Cacodemon, cause they're cute and they're IMHO the definitive classic Doom monster, especially Doom 1. Iconic design even if ripped off from D&D (a lot of shit is), and its the only monster in Doom that's red.

Hell Knight and Baron for those huge, sexy muscles.

I'd say the Arch-Vile. No doubt the most scary and unique enemy in Doom.

Gameplay wise, it's fast spectres in very dark areas. Some of the most tense moments in the game. Always gets me pumped up.

Otherwise, I'd go with Cyberdemon. He's just intimidating and nothing says game over more than a cyberdemon with a height advantage so that the rockets splash you even if you dodge them. A GTFO situation if I ever saw one.