Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MortisCausaDonatio

Your best/worst cinema experience?

Tell what was the film that made you sweating by excitement/get out from the screening?

Probably my most unforgettable cinema visit was first time watching a 3D movie (Avatar) when I was 12-13.
The worst one was watching Mall Cop 2 (I had regretted that I never watch more comedy in cinema untill I saw DeadPool).

The Force Awakens. Since I was a wee bebbie boi at the time the prequels were coming out, this was my first experience seeing a Star Wars movie in the cinema. The moment the intro scroll started was surreal. Just the thought that this was *actually* a new Star Wars movie, and that I was here to experience it in the cinema was mindblowing, scary and amazing. I loved every second of the movie in the cinema. It was an experience to me, not just a movie.

Worst experience was seeing a movie which I will not name as it'd ruin my reputation both inside and outside of this website (I went to see it as I had friends who wanted to), but for the whole movie some bitch behind me thought it'd be a good idea to put her feet next to my chair, SHE ALSO WASN'T WEARING SHOES AND WAS WEARING BARE SOCKS. I was a pussy at the time so I didn't stand up for myself. Probably should have in retrospect.

Oh, and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was a good one too. Had a good audience at the cinema that reacted, that's always fun to me. We laughed at the funny bits and there were audible sighs of shock at some moments. I like audiences that react.

Can't say much about my best cinema experience, since i've seen a lot of amazing films and it's hard to choose the best of them. The most recent film i've really enjoyed watching is probably Mad Max: Furry Road.
My worst cinema experience is definitely the time when i watched film called Skyline. It sounded epic and great from advertisements, but in reality it was one of the most boring films i've ever watched. No wonder why everyone instantly forgot about it. It's a miracle i still remember it, actually.

The best experience was when I was 7 years old, and my family were supposed to take me to see Home Alone 2. However, the movie was sold out, so we saw Bram Stoker's Dracula instead.

I'm feel fortunate that I had parents that didn't buy into the hysteria of censoring mature content from children. I remember loaning Resident Evil to my friend in middle school, and his mom flipped out about it. I thought she was mentally retarded for being so outraged.

The worst experience was going on a date with an ex-girlfriend who complained about everything! Someone in the theater started eating nachos, and she was getting extremely irritated by the crunching sound. I was so irritated by how irritated she was. I don't remember what movie we were watching.

EDIT:

Another memorable fun time was when I went to see Rambo (2008) with my friends. That movie has some spectacular gore.

Edit 2:

Seeing for the first time was incredible!

I'm feel fortunate that I had parents that didn't buy into the hysteria of censoring mature content from children. I remember loaning Resident Evil to my friend in middle school, and his mom flipped out about it. I thought she was mentally retarded for being so outraged.

One of my friend wasn't able to watch shows such as Pokemon untill he was 12 because his parents take the MPRS to seriously.

He also grounded because watching Avatar. (His dad thought that movie is disgusting).

HUNdebLeonidasX said:

One of my friend wasn't able to watch shows such as Pokemon untill he was 12 because his parents take the MPRS to seriously.

He also grounded because watching Avatar. (His dad thought that movie is disgusting).

I love watching crazy stuff with my family. I made my dad watch Cannibal Holocaust with me and my brother a few years ago. He thought it was fucked up, but we still watched the whole thing, while having some beers.

Been at a party with people I couldn't stand. After 2 hours or so I was really pissed off and snuck away without anyone noticing.
I drove to the neighboring city, smuggled some beer into cinema and watched Insidious 3 with a small group of strangers.
It was a good night.

Attending a Back to the Future trilogy event on 21st Oct. 2015 and going to work after 3 hours of sleep was fun, too.

Worst.. a friend's girlfriend asked me out to cinema. However, I didn't know they broke up the week before.
We went anyway, but it was... awkward.

I've had many bad cinema experiences over the years, I'll just run through some of my highlights. The first horrible experience that I ever had was in 2006. Now I remember seeing movies at the cinema all the way back to 1996, & I've had bad experience prior to 2006, but this one really stands out above those bad movies. 2006 was the year that I've seen the fewest movies at the cinema that I can remember, only 2, I was visiting my dad for the summer & we decided to go to the Drive-in theater to see Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest. Now pirates was the second showing so we had to chose a movie to watch before seeing pirates. We decided to see a horror movie, as they are usually pretty short, so we could move our car over to the pirates screen before it started. The movie we chose was a little horror movie called Pulse. Pulse will go down as one of the worst movies I have seen in my entire life, it was 90 minutes of pure boredom & it wasn't scary in the slightest. Horror movies were already in a pretty bad slump at this point in time & this was the one that just completely kill horror movies for both me & my dad, it took me 3 years before I saw another horror movie at the cinema, & it was even longer for my dad. To top it all off Pirates 2 was a pretty bad film as well, so it wasn't even worth it to sit through Pulse in the first place.

Some other Horrible movie Experiences:
- Dragonball Evolution - Wow a Dragonball movie, this could be awesome! Later... Wow that was an awful movie, I don't see how anything could top this for being worse TV adaptation.
- The Last Airbender - Oh my fucking god they made a TV adaptation worse that Dragonball Evolution.
- Harry Potter 6 & 7 - These are 2 of the most boring movies I have ever seen. I was so disappointed with with Harry Potter 7 that I went to the ticket office to ask for a refund, which is the only time I've ever done this.
- Toy Story 3 - Never has a film franchise gone from funny & joyous to One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest for kids so quickly.
- Pacific Rim - This was one of the few films where I've had an audience problem. I was sitting next to a Guillermo del Toro fanboy who thought this was the greatest movie of all time or something. He loudly laughed at even the slightest bit of comedy & just went nuts every time the robots were on screen.
- Godzilla & Star Wars: The Force Awakens - The were some of the most disappointing I've ever seen, they each had so much potential for greatness & both just completely let me down in every way imaginable.

I think I was about 13/14 when the Punisher movie came out, I went with two good friends but some extremely obese dipshit near us was laughing the entire time, regardless if the scene was funny or not, just every 2 minutes bursting out with a DUH HUH HUH HUH. Holy fuck it was annoying, but funny in retrospect.

My best experience was about two months ago, but it wasn't cinema so to speak, we went to this fancy theatre and watched an actual play called Double Jeopardy. All the actors were great and the set was impressive, lots of stuff lowering and rotating and such, all done as seamlessly as possible. Great experience.

I generally hate going to movie theatres because people are annoying rude twats, I'd rather just sit with some friends or with the family and watch a movie at home without all the annoyances. I don't feel that way about most social outings, but going to the movies has always been more of a pain in the ass than it's worth.

My mom has a pretty cool weirdest movie experience, seeing 2001 in the theater as a teenager (I think) alongside her cousin who happened to be named Hal.

My in-theater movie experiences kind of suck. The first three LOTR movies were pretty cool. Force Awakens/Black Swan/The Witch were sweet. Um, I wish I had seen Primer in a theater. I've never seen a good war movie in the theater, I'm just realizing. (Might have to go see Mel Gibson's directorial return.)

My overall most powerful movie experience (other than 2001 on drugs) would have to be watching The Shining at home, for the first time, as a teenager. That damn bathroom.

Worst theater experience would be STTNG: First Contact as a youngster. For some reason, I was at an age when the borg freak me the fuck out. Now it's one of my favorite star trek movies; they seem to go well when they adopt a darker tone.

They were one and the same.

Back in the day I had to take a girl to see Shakespeare in love, that was terrible

She gave me my first ever handjob, that was great.

I can honestly say I've never really had a bad movie experience.
At the same time, I've never seen a movie in a packed theater. It's really odd. I don't try to avoid seeing movies with lots of other people. Even if I go and see a movie a few days after opening, there's at max five, not even filled rows of people in the theater.
Might just be where I live in Florida, but it's always dead as hell.

Probably the best movie experience in a while was seeing either The Force Awakens, or seeing an anniversary screening of Ghostbusters at this great theater near me. Probably the most packed theater I actually have been in. Theater was filled with fans, and actually having a theater full of people laughing and having a good time was fun.

I never had a particularly great or terrible movie experience. I guess in Australia the cinema is a little more subtle, people don't laugh or clap very often and manners are generally good.

The best? Little comes to mind. I guess when viewing the second Pirates of the Caribbean I saw cosplay and roleplaying fans for the first time. I thought it was interesting. Movie wasn't great though.

The worst experience... maybe when some teenagers being loud at the back once, throwing some popcorn and me fantasizing pulling out a gun and blasting them all instead of enjoying the movie. Then again, my most memorable bad experience actually was when I was constantly getting distracted by a couple a few rows down from me. The guy was alright and wanted to watch the film but his misses didn't pay the slightest attention and likes to distract him with random chatter / questions (I was getting annoyed on his behalf) but what was much worse was when she browsed her phone so often which the light would pierce through all the darkness and constantly shine on my eyes. I had another violent fantasy in my mind just for her. If I was her boyfriend I would given her a good first degree when the movie was over.

My best experience would have to be seeing Skyfall in theaters with my father. My father and I are big James Bond fans and we've seen every Bond film together.

After the disappointment of the last 3 films, I wasn't sure i'd ever enjoy a Daniel Craig Bond film, but Skyfall was just great in terms of a bond film, Its actually the only movie I went and saw twice in theaters.

One time I went to the movie theater and a person with big hair sat down in the seat directly in front of me thus ruining my movie experience. Needless to say, it was a hairy situation.

AwesomeO-789 said:

The Force Awakens. Since I was a wee bebbie boi at the time the prequels were coming out, this was my first experience seeing a Star Wars movie in the cinema. The moment the intro scroll started was surreal. Just the thought that this was *actually* a new Star Wars movie, and that I was here to experience it in the cinema was mindblowing, scary and amazing. I loved every second of the movie in the cinema. It was an experience to me, not just a movie.

Exactly this. People can nitpick all they want about that movie, but it was great to me.

Best was probably Star Wars The Force Awakens, for the same reasons as AwesomeO. I actually saw Revenge of the Sith in theaters, but that was ten years ago and I can't remember that time to well. But TFA with a fresh audience on opening night was something magical. Seeing big heroes like Han Solo, Princess Leia, Chewbacca, and Luke Skynowaitnevermind walk onto the big screen again was incredible, especially with the energy running through the theater with the rest of the audience.

The constant applause was a little annoying, but I got a bit of a laugh out of Harrison Ford stumbling onto the Falcon the same way Kramer usually barges into Jerry's apartment.

The Revenant was pretty good in theaters too, especially with the audience reacting to the violence.

Can't recall any abysmal experiences.

Best: Watching Fritz Lang's Metropolis when I was 17, open air on a rainy day, huddled together with friends under a sunshade, while a live electronic band improvised the soundtrack.

Worst: Fantastic Four (2005). The cinema was okay, just the movie sucked.

Best: Watching Fritz Lang's Metropolis when I was 17, open air on a rainy day, huddled together with friends under a sunshade, while a live electronic band improvised the soundtrack.

I am jealous as fuck.
I should take part something like that