Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BrutalDoomisAwesome

A Ultimate Doom Mega WAD.

I'm seeking help with a Ultimate Doom Mega WAD It's a combination of all the Doom games From Ultimate Doom, Doom II, Master Levels, No rest for the living, TNT Evolution, and the Plutonia Experiment. All 162 maps. I've been doing it since January 22nd, 2015 (Before WadSmoosh ever came out) Instead of going for The Way That ID Did style since we can't use it as a base just remake the maps with a Mix of the Doom 2 Project Remap and possibly the Brutal Doom Hell on Earth Starter pack but make it compatible for Doom Mods and Vanilla Game Play. And I'm still looking for help with it.

Doom 2 Project Remap link:

https://www.facebook.com/doom2projectremap (Project remap isn't made by me or owned by me.)

Can be used for Vanilla or any mods.

So far what I got

change log for Ultimate Doom Combo

(WIP) 1.0

Started extracting maps and creating map info

(WIP) 2.0

Lines fixed in ZMAPINFO

Texture wad remodeled.

Doom Maps Finished

(WIP) 3.0

Texture wad was removed and replaced with texture folder

Titlepic is in a wad file with in the .pk3 file.

Doom II Maps just started.

Final

Doom 1 - Plutonia Finished

Ending text added for DOOM, DOOM II, Master levels, and No rest for the living ,TNT, and Plutonia.

TNT and Plutonia Textures added

Game info added.

TNT and Plutonia music added.

Final x2

Map 08 fixed.

Final!

Redone all of it now you can use the DOOM 1 Wad (recommended so you don't get the doom 2 cluster end text.)

Added Sprites, Sounds, Still has the Music textures added the Floors for DOOM 2 and onward.

added them all into a .wad file instead of a .pk3 file.

Final! hotfix

Fixed some switch texture problems in Ultimate Doom but not all of the Ultimate Doom maps DOOM II to the Master Levels doesn't need the switch textures since their all the same switches.

Hotfix 2

Level wrap around and missed level switch.

(I'm still working on the Ending script texts.)

Download Links:

http://www.moddb.com/groups/doom-modders/addons/ultimate-doom-combo-final

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kb78gaej0kyi1am/Ultimate_Doom_Combo_Final.2.zip

ModDB, damn it. I can't download from ModDB.
Can you upload it to Dropbox/Mediafire/FileHosting?

Haven't downloaded yet, instead looking at the screenshots on the FB page

HOLY SHIT

Looks awesome, in terms of gfx.

Twot questions
- is the gameplay engaging?

- does it REQUIRE Brutal Doom? I hope not.

Voros said:

Haven't downloaded yet, instead looking at the screenshots on the FB page

HOLY SHIT

Looks awesome, in terms of gfx.

Twot questions
- is the gameplay engaging?

- does it REQUIRE Brutal Doom? I hope not.

It would all depend on what you think about it.

and no it doesn't require Brutal Doom

Ahh now I get it. Its a huge mash up of the official Doom games.

Gave it small peek, and its nice I guess. Like how Memorial is nice.

Map22 has a misallignment with the three switches.

Voros said:

Fixed it and let me know what else has to be fixed in it. and I'm looking forward to doing more with the maps. Like having all the maps remodeled into making it into a huge 162 map Mega wad coperating all of the Official Doom games and having them be a mix between the Doom 2 Project remap and Xaser's The Way that ID did.

gaspe said:

Fyi you are redistributing all the iwads which isn't really legal.

That's also why I'm seeking help to having them edited. And could you also theoretically do it with wadsmoosh also? And what I mean is using the wadsmoosh program to take all the Maps, Textures, Floors, Patches, Sounds, and Sprites from the wads and having them put into a .pk3 file and adding the Maps into individual wads then distribute then to others?

BrutalDoomisAwesome said:

I've been doing it since January 22nd, 1015

Wut? How have you managed to live this long. What is your secret?

Other than that, sounds like a nice idea but, are you allowed to do it? Can you just take all IWAD levels and put them in a compilation megawad (if this is what you meant).

That's also why I'm seeking help to having them edited. And could you also theoretically do it with wadsmoosh also? And what I mean is using the wadsmoosh program to take all the Maps, Textures, Floors, Patches, Sounds, and Sprites from the wads and having them put into a .pk3 file and adding the Maps into individual wads then distribute then to others?

Wadsmoosh requires the player to have the iwads to do its stuff. You literally put all the levels, graphics and so on into your wad. The lumps are only arranged a bit differently so they fit in one wad.

So.... What exactly is this? Wadsmoosh without the wadsmoosh program and the whole doing it yourself? Did you really just use wadsmoosh, and then add a Doom combo title pic? Is that what this shit is?

I have done something just like this but only with modified maps, not bundling all the other assets together as an illegalesque IWAD-PWAD/PK3.

Snip out the vanilla sprites, patches, flats, music and sounds and make it a PWAD so it can be ran with either game.

Jimp Argon said:

So.... What exactly is this? Wadsmoosh without the wadsmoosh program and the whole doing it yourself? Did you really just use wadsmoosh, and then add a Doom combo title pic? Is that what this shit is?

It's different from Wadsmoosh. You could call is a Mashup of all the doom games in a continuous wad to where you can keep all of your weapons in a continuous game but it could be a lot more if I had help by editing the maps to be a mixture of The way that ID did and Doom 2 Project remap.

if I had help by editing the maps to be a mixture of The way that ID did

From the Doom the Way id Did text file:

Authors may NOT use the contents of this file as a base for modification or reuse.

I'd say just make new maps at this point since I doubt any would sanction going against the requested copyright/permission portion on DTWID's text file.

That or do what I did.

Voros said:

Fixed it and let me know what else has to be fixed in it. and I'm looking forward to doing more with the maps. Like having all the maps remodeled into making it into a huge 162 map Mega wad coperating all of the Official Doom games and having them be a mix between the Doom 2 Project remap and Xaser's The Way that ID did.

You can try adding Lost Episodes of Doom

http://www.moddb.com/addons/the-lost-episodes-v2