Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

DOOM - Deatchmatch and Arcade Mode Live Stream Annoucement

massivefanofdoom said:

Ask the moderator who deleted the topic to bring it back from the dead lol. Doesn't mean it didn't happen because you are smartass enough to use that loophole. Plus I've seen you piss off other members with your high browed snobby passive aggressive shit and get them fuming because you are good at it. It is sooooooo annoying lol. I know you are really happy I am admitting this.

I said what I had to say anyway. Stupid forum arguments are just that, and I had enough and will be productive elsewhere instead of being bait for nasty insidious superiority complexed people like you and glide.

Ey you know what, let me do this for you.
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/newsearch.php?query=poster%3A%22jaxxoon+r%22+retard
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/newsearch.php?query=poster%3A%22jaxxoon+r%22+retarded
Wow, nothing to do with you.

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post-hell/89986-oh-god-shut-the-fuck-up/
Wow, the only thing here is you telling me to get cancer and die in a fire, interesting.

MrGlide said:

#1. I'm not your pal, And with the amount of jackassery you've spewed nor will I.

First off when you call a piece of a game that many had to crunch on and bust their fucking balls for doing 12 hour shifts to try and ship on time "tacked on" that's pretty fucking disrespectful, and in the second part of this post you blame other players, not the devs aspiration or creative desires, you don't know the whole story yet you act like you understand all of this. Some of the very games you've listed were designed with multiplayer in mind from the design team, not just marketing and suites. sometimes shit doesn't work out.

#1 "Pal" was just a figure of speech, obviously you aren't a friend since you decided to bud in and insult my intelligence while going waaay off the subject and if you won't provide citation then your argument fails by default.

#2 of course you are correct on the development it took to make these games but that's not what this was about, the "tacked on multiplayer" line is just a phrase people use on games that weren't known for having MP that ended up getting it with it's recent releases. Oh really? God of war, Ninja Gaiden, Resident Evil, Metal Gear, and Dead space always had competitive multiplayer in mind? can you provide proof to back up your claim or are you just gonna tell me to shut up and do it myself? (Which is a horrible debate tactic btw). Also since when did I state in my previous response that gamers were to blame for "tacked on multiplayer"? I said that DOOM's mp was unfairly criticized by ignorant people. Lastly I find it hilarious that the very idea of someone saying the line "tacked on multiplayer" as the greatest insult to developers when plenty of people that love or hate mp in general have used that line.

@ NodEliteX5, Then you should have said just that, see, that is well worded and non-disrespectful.

@massivefanofdoom, an opinion is... I like this or I think that. Business is not an opinion, it is mathematical, and there is a structure to it. Extra single player content wasn't originally planned. as for an announcement, they can't do that yet, if something comes through they'll wait till it's mostly done to generate press and consumer interest, which is a big piece of this business and can dictate success or failure. As for DLC, Far less people buy a games DLC then the main game, so to create new assets and reason for consumers to buy the product a lot of work has to be done, all of which is very expensive, all while porting all of this 3 times, while updating Doom, and doing Doom's Mp DLC that people have already bought, AND quake champions. I don't care If I'm irritating you, I'm stating you've unrealistic expectations, need to be patient. That is why there is no official announcement, that and if something went wrong they don't look bad for not delivering. (edit) I'm so done with this, @ nodelite

NodEliteX5 said:

Also since when did I state in my previous response that gamers were to blame for "tacked on multiplayer"?

NodEliteX5 said:

Resident Evil wasn't known for having multiplayer and yet it was tacked on anyways because of today's new generation of spoiled gamers.

MGS has been doing multiplayer since mgs 3, I'm done here.

Jaxxoon R said:

Ey you know what, let me do this for you.
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/newsearch.php?query=poster%3A%22jaxxoon+r%22+retard
https://www.doomworld.com/vb/newsearch.php?query=poster%3A%22jaxxoon+r%22+retarded
Wow, nothing to do with you.

https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post-hell/89986-oh-god-shut-the-fuck-up/
Wow, the only thing here is you telling me to get cancer and die in a fire, interesting.

Im not crazy. Specifically it was 'the question is why are you so obnoxiously ignorant' directed to me. And we were arguing in 2 or 3 threads and i remember one of them got deleted if not 2.

My comments were extreme as hell yes lol, but only after the fact you said that And had me pissed off for real loool.

I dont need your confirmation in any case, if it isnt clear. I know what you said. You gotta be high on your own self as a mofo to believe ppl buy your self righteous persona, in any case.

"Obnoxiously ignorant" is not "retarded," and at no point did I call you the latter. Why do you believe these things that are untrue? Why do you get so angry over minor things? Why are you so adamant to try and spite me, first with Chezza's snapmap, and now here? Why hold a grudge over something that does not and did not matter?

You seem to be the only one with a problem with me around here, so I'm not sure if your opinion is one I should follow.

Jaxxoon R said:

"Obnoxiously ignorant" is not "retarded," and at no point did I call you the latter. Why do you believe these things that are untrue? Why do you get so angry over minor things? Why are you so adamant to try and spite me, first with Chezza's snapmap, and now here? Why hold a grudge over something that does not and did not matter?

You seem to be the only one with a problem with me around here, so I'm not sure if your opinion is one I should follow.

It"s an insult whichever way you spin it. Something you were preaching against. And its the same thing as calling someone retarded, when keyboard warriors use that they obviously don't mean it literally aka downs syndrome. I'm not even sure it is buffoonR typing right now though, because this is not your usual self. Too animated for you, come on hit me with one of your single sentence passive aggressive jewels.

That did not answer any of my questions. I'm going to bed now, I love you. I will kiss you softly on the cheek my beloved one. It is true, I have always loved you and the way you think. I was just unable to express my feelings properly. Why do you not understand this, understand me.

Jaxxoon R said:

That did not answer any of my questions. I'm going to bed now, I love you. I will kiss you softly on the cheek my beloved one. It is true, I have always loved you and the way you think. I was just unable to express my feelings properly. Why do you not understand this, understand me.

You called me obn. ignorant and that is an insult. Simple.

I didn't bring it up because of a grudge (lol if you think I lost sleep for you, cute) but because you said ''If you were a mature human being you wouldn't be insulting anyone.'' And I pointed out the hypocrisy in your statement when you have a history of insulting me and others too.

And yeah I've pretty much had enough too, so bye

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Oh my god .

Well that escalated quickly.jpg

The way me and you debated back and forth was perfect fwiw. No insults, whether passive aggressive or direct, and both got our points across.

DooM_RO said:

Hey Ling, can you please ban him already?

Now you are all ganging up on me. Nice.

Thankyou for wishing me evil and harmful things for our first interaction on this forum.

Jaxxoon R said:

No. Have you not seen the shitshow going on for the last two pages?

How could I not have seen it? I was dragged into it.

Damn, guys you're really going for it :D but i have to agree with NodEliteX5 and massivefanofdoom. I know i had nothing valuable to say right now :D but guys keep the flamewar going so i can get some popcorn :D man this shit is amusing :D

NodEliteX5 said:

How could I not have seen it? I was dragged into it.

Welp, sorry about that then. You did conduct yourself as pretty ill-tempered though. Everyone could've probably went about things with a bit more patience, but there tends to be a lot of vitriol in this section, so it's little wonder some people were already rearing to tear off faces at the gate. I'll do my bestâ„¢ to be more friendly from here on out, if that's okay with you.

*A N Y W A Y*

Arcade mode looks awesome. It's actually something I had thought about in one of my multiple playthroughs. I often find myself trying to keep some sort of "chain" going when I'm in a bigger battle so this works out real nice in my opinion.

Deathmatch (or FFA) is a more than welcome addition as well. Looked like fun from what they showed. It's exactly what it says it is.. free for all. Still wish we could get a server browser but the private match should be a nice touch if you have enough people to invite that is. All in all I'm real happy about this next update. Especially arcade mode :D

Most players disable damage/score numbers, flashing colours and highlights.

iD: LET'S ADD MORE COLOURS, MORE NUMBERS, BIG NUMBERS, KILLSTREAKS, REWARDS, OHH YESSS MORE COLOURFUL SHIT!!!!!

Also it looks like the arcade mode has less gore.

Arcade mode looks fun and Challenging, I've always wanted something like this in Doom, Hell I couldn't even find a Mod for ZDoom like this .

A little color and some nice, "YEAAAAH videogames" sort of entertainment sounds like a done deal. Personally I know I'll have some good fun with it, Sonic CD's time attack was always where I spent most of my time in that game and it's looking to be the same story here. It also apparently removes narrative scenes, so that'll make it great for quickly replaying certain parts of the game. Hope we won't have to wait long to make arcade mode maps in Snapmap, I've had a real blast with parkour race maps recently and it'd be cool to have a quick and easy way to record and reward completion time with some pizzazz.

It would be cool on top of removing the slowdown segments of the maps to be able to select the section of each level to start on. Each level has a handful of sections you have to get to by completing a full area first and I don't always want to sit and finish an entire level. I dunno about everyone else but I'd like this option

MrGlide said:

@ NodEliteX5, Then you should have said just that, see, that is well worded and non-disrespectful.

@massivefanofdoom, an opinion is... I like this or I think that. Business is not an opinion, it is mathematical, and there is a structure to it. Extra single player content wasn't originally planned. as for an announcement, they can't do that yet, if something comes through they'll wait till it's mostly done to generate press and consumer interest, which is a big piece of this business and can dictate success or failure. As for DLC, Far less people buy a games DLC then the main game, so to create new assets and reason for consumers to buy the product a lot of work has to be done, all of which is very expensive, all while porting all of this 3 times, while updating Doom, and doing Doom's Mp DLC that people have already bought, AND quake champions. I don't care If I'm irritating you, I'm stating you've unrealistic expectations, need to be patient. That is why there is no official announcement, that and if something went wrong they don't look bad for not delivering. (edit) I'm so done with this, @ nodelite MGS has been doing multiplayer since mgs 3, I'm done here.

Using MGS3 is a bad example since it's pretty obvious that the previous ones did not have multiplayer and also that the multiplayer wasn't something everyone could play on. The multiplayer for MGS3 was a test for MGS4 multiplayer titled METAL GEAR ONLINE (There was even a standalone version in Japan). Get your facts right.
http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Metal_Gear_Online

Ya I'm equally excited for arcade mode and deathmatch. If arcade mode has leaderboards I wonder how long it'll take for hackers to shit all over them XD. It'll be good fun though.