• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

NY's lottery number is 9-1-1 on Sept 11th

Woooooh.
So spooky.

Possibly rigged for media attention?

Heh, next year, everyone will be picking 911 as the numbner, But, they'll be wrong. next year, it'll be 9-1-2

orion said:

Meh, I just don't believe shit like this isn't fake.

Yeah, it smells like bullshit to me. Although, I don't know why you would want to fix the lotto for that number when thousands of people you know will be playing it. But then again, New Yorker's were the brains behind it... ;)

No way! 9-1-1 is a freaky, coincidintal combination that came out at the freakiest of times! Therefore, the improbability was more than 1 in 1 googol!

As far as I can tell from the website, three single-digit numbers (0-9) are drawn twice a day. That makes the probability of 9, 1, 1 coming up, in that order, on any particular day, 1 in 500. I guess 1, 1, 9 would also have caused a stir, which makes the chance of this "bizarre coincidence" 1 in 250. [As an aside, 6-6-6 would probably also have been newsworthy on that particular day.]

Coincidences do happen (if they didn't, then that would be truly bizarre), and this one isn't beyond the bounds of credibility.

Indeed, anything that happened in NYC that day that in one way or another generated a "9/11 coincidence" would have made the news. Those who looked around would *probably* have found something or other. So, no need for a conspiracy theory!

AndrewB: learn to exaggerate properly. "googolplex" is a useful word in such instances.

That's two to the power of two hundred sixty two thousand one hundred forty four to one thank you vemuch.

gatewatcher said:

Yeah, it smells like bullshit to me. Although, I don't know why you would want to fix the lotto for that number when thousands of people you know will be playing it. But then again, New Yorker's were the brains behind it... ;)

Media attention.

Lord FlatHead said:

Coincidences happen in the mind. As fraggle said, 9-1-1 was just as likely to come out as any other combination.

Heh, that reminds me of that thread hellbent started on the chances of picking the right box. I can't believe people actually believed that shite.

its like playing your birthday number and it hitting on your birthday. happened to a friend of my dads. my dad plays his birthday, 8/31. a coulpe of years ago, on the first of september it hit 8/30, my birthday.

orion said:

Heh, that reminds me of that thread hellbent started on the chances of picking the right box. I can't believe people actually believed that shite.

well, rememb3r, expect the unexpected

VileSlay said:

its like playing your birthday number and it hitting on your birthday. happened to a friend of my dads. my dad plays his birthday, 8/31. a coulpe of years ago, on the first of september it hit 8/30, my birthday.

On strange birthday facts, my son was born on the same day as me, 30 years difference june 26 1951 june 26 1981, and my daughter's son was born on her 21st birthday!

fodders said:

On strange birthday facts, my son was born on the same day as me, 30 years difference june 26 1951 june 26 1981, and my daughter's son was born on her 21st birthday!

Wow, speaking of which, it's a similiar case applies to my little sis and my mom. My mom's birthday is October 23rd, and my sister's birthday is October 24th. They both can share the same birthday cake every year :p
haha, weird, huh? =]