Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM_RO

Cast your vote for GOTY!

I mostly voted on Doom when applicable. I didn't really vote much in other categories, I either didn't play them or care enough. Honestly Doom was the big one for more and it turned out very well.

Same here. Alrhough i also voted for Apple iOS (lol), Pokemon Go(though i cant play it here, it is pretty innovative in a way) and id Software (why not?)

If Call of Duty wins over DOOM '16 in any category at all, remind me to gouge my eyes out.

I voted for Doom. But honestly, its the only new game I even played this year. Most of these other titles, I haven't even heard of.

EDIT: I also voted for the HTC Vive as best innovator. I tried out a few demos for it, the coolest was the zombie-shooter, The Brookhaven Experiment.

I've seen people react similar to this girl in the video.

That Youtube personality list was filled with names i've never heard about and could not care less about, and the games lists was mostly terrible indies, gave my votes to Doom and Uncharted 4 where aplicable.

I give DOOM game of the year for sure, though Overwatch is suprisingly close. I've gotten probably 100 hours out of that. (Though I got similar in Doom including making a couple SnapMaps)

The only reason I gave DOOM the PC GOTY was because Deus Ex 4 wasn't on the list. Was also really torn on best developer.

There weren't a lot of options at all, really. And that Youtube shit I just skipped, who the hell wants to hear gamers talk?

yukib1t said:

I didn't vote for Doom at all since I didn't like it. In fact, there generally wasn't much to choose from for me :-/

That is basically what has happened with me also.

TheWizard said:

I'm really annoyed that rocket league wasn't even nominated...

That's because Rocket League is over a year old, so how could it be 2016's GOTY?

Dragonfly said:

That's because Rocket League is over a year old, so how could it be 2016's GOTY?

Then why did they put "Undertale" and "Counter Strike: Global Offensive" in other categories?

AnonimVio said:

Then why did they put "Undertale" and "Counter Strike: Global Offensive" in other categories?

Well if they're doing voting in September, then perhaps Undertale simply missed the cut last year (same thing with Soma). I only remember seeing CS:GO in the esports one, which also included DOTA2 and League of Legends, so I think that category was more about the impact of those games in the 2016 esports scene (I would load it up again to check, but the website was borderline nonfunctional in my browser thanks to its over-reliance on scripting).

When I saw Amy Lee under Youtube Personalities I was first under the impression that Evanescence's old leader singer had for some reason taken up Minecraft.

Dragonfly said:

Oh right, good point. I forgot it's September

lol, play of the year and best Youtube personality are shit I don't even know so I chose a random one.

Gave DOOM votes in most areas.

The cruelest thing about this list is that it pits DOOM up against Dark Souls 3, forcing me to choose my loyalties. :/

An aside: It's a shame in my goofy opinion that DS3 isn't a contender for the "Best Storytelling" category, since the "Soulsborne" style of providing minimal direct narrative in a world steeped in lore is pretty much one of my favorite things ever.

Double-aside: the fact that I'm actually having to think hard about what's GOTY for me means it's been a good year... for gaming at least.

Yeah this whole youtube personality thing made me cringe as soon as I spotted it. In my own world it's between Jimquisition and Totalbiscuit. Who the F#*$ are the other plebs?

AWARD CATEGORY	                         WINNER
Best Original Game	                 Overwatch
Best Storytelling	                 The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
Best Visual Design	                 The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine
Best Audio:	                         Fallout 4
Best Indie Game	                         Firewatch
Gaming Personality of the Year           Sean Plott (Day(9))
Best Multiplayer Game	                 Overwatch
Competitive Play of the Year	         Coldzera's jumping AWP quad kill at MLG Columbus
Best Gaming Moment	                 Play of the game in Overwatch
YouTube Upcoming Personality of the Year Jesse Cox
Studio of the Year	                 CD Projekt Red
Innovation of the Year	                 Pokémon Go
Lifetime Achievement	                 Eiji Aonuma
Best Gaming Platform	                 Steam
Best Gaming Performance	                 Doug Cockle
Competitive Game of the Year             Overwatch
Nintendo Game of the Year	         The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD
Playstation Game of the Year	         Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Xbox Game of the Year	                 Rise of the Tomb Raider
PC Game of the Year	                 Overwatch
Handheld/Mobile Game of the Year         Pokémon Go
Breakthrough Award	                 Eric Barone - Stardew Valley
Hall of Fame	                         Lara Croft
Critics Choice	                         Titanfall 2
Most Wanted Game	                 Mass Effect Andromeda
Ultimate Game of the Year	         Dark Souls 3

TheWizard said:

I'm really annoyed that rocket league wasn't even nominated...

Wasn't Rocket League last year? Undertale was nominated last year too which should make it exempt from this year. I can understand multiplayer games being in year after year since they stay fresh, even if they're a decade old.

Anyway Doom. Hands down for me. The only game to get me to pay full price in a decade. That's a bit bias right? I loved the hell out of it all 10 hours it lasted.