Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TimeOfDeath

Alien Vendetta demos [-complevel 2]

j4rio said:

My neck hurts. Hopefully this will please the sensei AKA grandmaster of door abuse.

What's next...punching 5 Cyber-Demons to death?

first time posting a demo, lemme know if i recorded this wrong or something.

Alien Vendetta
Maps: 01 through 10
Skill: 4
Category: UV-Max
Exe: prboom-plus 2.5.1.3 -complevel 2
Time: 46:04

EDIT: of course i fucked up the attachment, here's the link: http://puu.sh/pompC/96e379bd43.zip

I'm stuck at Dark Dome. UV-Maxed all the way until there. Scythe 2 is the same way. Get to about map 25 or 26 and it gets really difficult. You start beating those levels and you get into elite status.

Ashstrodamus said:

I'm stuck at Dark Dome. UV-Maxed all the way until there. Scythe 2 is the same way. Get to about map 25 or 26 and it gets really difficult. You start beating those levels and you get into elite status.

Stench of Evil is even harder then Dark Dome, at least for me :)

Paul977 said:

Stench of Evil is even harder then Dark Dome, at least for me :)

I don't think I've played that one. Must give it a go!

vdgg said:

MAP06 Respawn

You and SAV88 are my heroes. Keyboarders rule!. I'm getting better. I've been wadding for like five years. I'm decent, but I'm slow and choke in tight situations.

kuchitsu said:

Daaaamn.
How much did that 1:04 take? IIRC 1:05 max took me like 10 hours.

Haha, funny thing is that 10 hours doesn't even seem a lot to me anymore for this type of map.

kuchitsu said:

Daaaamn.
How much did that 1:04 take? IIRC 1:05 max took me like 10 hours.

playing specifically for map01 max, it took me a day to get that demo, so probably like 3-4 hours. but that's a bit misleading because i played map01 over and over doing attempts for episode 1. so, it's hard to say exactly how long it took me.

That was spectacular. Would you say you were lucky to finish off these revenants in the garden like that? I think it's difficult to aim up or down with SSG (like at the end of Map01 with these spectres in the pool) but maybe I just never learned to do it properly.

Thanks. Yeah, it was somewhat luckbased, but revs don't have that much health leftover after a direct rocket hit, so it doesn't have to be a particularly damaging shot to finish them off. It was basically the idea behind doing the demo.

Paul977 said:

Kick ass bfg shots here

Indeed! That's what you get when you equip a ninja with the BFG. I also enjoyed the rocket splash damage maximization efforts. What made the run extra fun was that all weapons were used every now and then. It is rare to see the player change weapons so often during a run. A pretty, pretty, pretty good run.

I suppose those stair cybers are too intimidating for tyson runners...

That was a cool surprise during my AV20 sessions, j4rio! Your 15:13 is certainly one of the most professionally done demos in Doom history.

Now, MAP20 UV Max in 13:57.

av201357.zip

is this real life?

edit: just finished watching this. im going to give up doom speedrunning now - this is just too freaking good for words (and j4rio's demo was incredible already!)

Heh, having 15 days for recording is quite a luxury in itself, I doubt my time spent is more than 15 hours altogether. Anyway, great route changes, especially punching the tomb vile, waking the pigs from the other side and bypass of HKs on upper section are notable timesavers. I might try redoing it sometime, the lack of acknowledgement of how bad that map in fact is in current fastest max txt is motivating!

I dont spend a lot of time in demos forum but today I poked around and couldn't believe such a time on a map that takes me 2-3 hours. I uploaded to the tubes for posterity if that's alright?

I always appreciate it when my records (especially the later, less cheap ones) get published on YouTube. Thanks for the inspiring comments, guys!

As for that textfile, I personally don't consider ANY part of this unforgettable level to be bad (despite millions of natural annoyances during playing it at the fastest pace). The buggy nature of Doom's monster/weapon behavior is not Kim Malde's fault :)

I don't have THAT much practice with it to reliably increase my efficiency of optimization, as I'm used to comfortable automatic calculation of right moments and angles for "clean turns", and my turning reflexes continue progressing. But maybe someday the 180 turn feature will be useful for me in some special cases, like the exit switch in RQ09-4XX :)