Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xbobby64

Any way to recreate this?

I want to recreate something alone the line of Game Sampler 2 for Windows 98 that can take the player not only to the game but also access extra content like music,videos,etc.

I know this can't be done in doom,what I want to know is there some way of doing this at all.Create a 3d hub to open .exe files like gzdoom.

Yeah, quite easily.

Unity or Unreal Engine could do that, or you could grab the ZDoom source code and add a few special linedefs that do a system call to run programs in your computer.

Dunno which would be easier, but actually integrating them into a single window would be quite harder.

Albertoni said:

Yeah, quite easily.

Unity or Unreal Engine could do that, or you could grab the ZDoom source code and add a few special linedefs that do a system call to run programs in your computer.

Dunno which would be easier, but actually integrating them into a single window would be quite harder.

If you want your game to run reasonably on low and mid-tier machines, I would not recommend using Unity.

Agentbromsnor said:
If you want your game to run reasonably on low and mid-tier machines, I would not recommend using Unity.

I feel like if I make it low quality like the the original sample cd,it could run on all machines.Time to learn Unity...