Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

what should this be?

my friend teh bucket recently made a model we can use based on fredrik's slime crawl sprite. but i am not sure if it should be the arachnotron or spidermastermind. and please dont suggest using it for both

below is a preview of the model

i am inclined to say arachnotron since the current version is too narrow, but what do you think?

I was having trouble believing that is a 3D model at first.

Lets see. Ground monster, no flying. Big, flat base: slow maybe. Tentacles: slow or fast, depending on how much it moves them.

the SM would fit this.

yes it is based on this sprite by fredrik

my idea was to use the model to render sprites wich i would then paint over

anyways cwolf told me he wants to give designing a new mastermind a try, so i wont be using the model for the mastermind anymore.

about the arachno, should we keep the LWM one and edit it like i did with the assault tripod or should we use the model? i am fine with either option, just want to hear what you guys think

raymoohawk said:

yes it is based on this sprite by fredrik

http://fredrikj.net/misc/slimecrawl.png

anyways cwolf told me he wants to give designing a new mastermind a try, so i wont be using the model for the mastermind anymore.

This plushy may to be good arachnotron, why not?

about mastermind.

Well here's sketch of:

I think it better to be giant heart on hovering mobile platform. I see no problem in it.

I prefer Cwolf's contra boss to the silly looking cephalopod, but maybe that's just me :p.
That 3d model seems really well made though.

Voros said:

That is really messed up CWolf.

IDK if that is a bad thing though.

Surething, it's a raw sketch

What I've talked about is something like this:

Coloring is just for example.

YukiHerz said:

I prefer Cwolf's contra boss to the silly looking cephalopod, but maybe that's just me :p.
That 3d model seems really well made though.

dont worry, i already said i wont be using the model anymore

cwolf make sure you give the monster some form of ground support, be it legs or tank threads, or something else, but it should not be a floating design because the mastermind is not a flying monster

raymoohawk said:

dont worry, i already said i wont be using the model anymore

cwolf make sure you give the monster some form of ground support, be it legs or tank threads, or something else, but it should not be a floating design because the mastermind is not a flying monster

You don't like howerboards, don't you? =\

Alright, I'll think what better to platform as 'legs'

EDIT:

looking good :)

i do have a question tho, is it meant to be inclined forward? kinda like this?

also remember you have to fit the actor dimensions closely. you can use the image below as a size guide

it doest not have be exact of course, just make sure the size is close. legs could come in handy for aproximating the needed measurements

one last suggestion, perhaps the gun could be located in the cavity in the middle. instead of the fleshy part how about giving it a tachikoma style turret?

maybe there could even be a creepy insectoid head in the part where you originally planned to put the gun

I've been debating on whether or not to post this as it would seem many others disagree with me, but I do have to say that this octopus would make a much better enemy for FreeDoom's manc than the combat slug, which just looks horrible.

Fonze said:

I've been debating on whether or not to post this as it would seem many others disagree with me, but I do have to say that this octopus would make a much better enemy for FreeDoom's manc than the combat slug, which just looks horrible.

I agree with you. The combat slug looks like someone writhing around after having gotten themselves accidentally tangled up in a big blanket. It looks more comically pitiful than intimidating, and the doofy expression doesn't help. Fredrik's design is far better, though the scale might be off for the mancubus.