Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soundblock

Can't enter secret level

So I've set up a linedef type 124 - W1 Exit level (goes to secret level), on map 15, using doom2.wad as iwad. Shouldn't that be all I need in order for the player to enter into map 32? As it stands, I only get a normal exit, entry onto map 16. What gives?

Is there maybe a normal exit linedef near the secret exit one, so that the player could cross both linedefs within the same tic? If so, the linedef with the lesser linedef index (in the wad or in BLOCKMAP, I'm not sure) would be activated first, not the one that he physically crossed first.

Also, if you're testing in ZDoom and if your map has a custom MAPINFO entry, make sure that it has a SecretNext property defined to MAP31. If your map has a custom MAPINFO entry without a SecretNext property explicitly defined, the engine would use the map's Next property to determine the "secret" map to go to.

scifista42 said:

Is there maybe a normal exit linedef near the secret exit one, so that the player could cross both linedefs within the same tic? If so, the linedef with the lesser linedef index (in the wad or in BLOCKMAP, I'm not sure) would be activated first, not the one that he physically crossed first.

Also, if you're testing in ZDoom and if your map has a custom MAPINFO entry, make sure that it has a SecretNext property defined to MAP31. If your map has a custom MAPINFO entry without a SecretNext property explicitly defined, the engine would use the map's Next property to determine the "secret" map to go to.

I was missing the "SecretNext" property from my ZMAPINFO, thanks scifista!