• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SgtHermann

Map: Hell Chronicles Episode 1

Hell Chronicals Episode 1
Map ID: 7V6NXTB8
Objectiv: Get to Extraction.
Classic Doom Gameplay, Mild Puzzle and Arena Action.
Try it and leave a Comment.

Sgt ;)

Guest MIND

I got lost in in to be honest. I was fighting off people with my hands for the whole time and couldn't finish it.

I thought it was excellent.

I liked how you used camera's to highlight items that were available in the area you entered.

Despite you not using markers I was never lost, you give good direction with lights and visual FX to grab the players attention.

I love how much effort you put into dressing everything up.

You showed lots of creativity with progression as well. I thought the hell room that was sealed and forced the player through several stages to break the seal was very exciting. Also very stylish with lots of attention to detail.

Im not gonna spoil everything for the people that still have to play it but all in all I enjoyed it immensely. The fights were quite good as well. Sometimes I felt it became a little extreme and I never enjoy lost souls (they just feel so cheap) but that may be my lack of skills.

You got my upvote. :)

Thanx for the comments

@ MINDustry: Sry for frustrating u :(. Starting with no weapon and stumbling into a wave-event ins`t fun. I am aware that something like this can happen.
It was a hard decision: using a POI there would mean using them allways and i don`t like them very much. Using the Camera and the blinking light, also telling players they should look for such signals was the way i choose. Saying this i hope u give this map a second chance ;)

@ redrage: i am glad you enjoyed it.

Sgt :)

SgtHermann,

Luckily, I ran across this map today on the 'newest files' under Doom. You should post this link to the Bethesheba's Forums as well. You could do a search on google as "space: snapmap" to find the forum.

I really enjoyed this one, especially the use of lightning and hell props sets. Progression was excellent. I have notice some misspellings in some words but that's okay I know what you mean. I might have to download as a keeper. Thanks for sharing it and I hope you will continue to make more Episodes.

Really great map, it does all the right things to make it feel truly unquie and stand out from other maps, gameplay and asthetics, and overall map design are fantastic

Loved the way it starts off with fists so I can beat up those zombies and give them a good what for! and your method of showing the player where weapons are, while the player still has to explore to acctually find them was really nice, along with lots of nice little touches I really liked, like seeing the doors getting blown off in hell after activating the rune for example, really great use of snapmap

I got stuck though on the part with the cold room, I died in the cold room and respawned outside the room with the doors firmly locked and couldn't find a way to get back in and progress, so sadly didn't get to finish your map

Thanx a lot. I am happy u enjoyed this map ;)

@GhostGuy: English isn`t my native language so i cant avoid miss-spelling or grammar-blups completely. Shall try harder in the future.

@Dr.Mandrake: I fixed the bug with the wrong respawn in the cold room. thx for pointing out.

Sgt ;)

SgtHermann said:

Thanx a lot. I am happy u enjoyed this map ;)

@GhostGuy: English isn`t my native language so i cant avoid miss-spelling or grammar-blups completely. Shall try harder in the future.

@Dr.Mandrake: I fixed the bug with the wrong respawn in the cold room. thx for pointing out.

Sgt ;)

Cool, thanks :)

Will play it again later tonight and finish it!

Also noticed some people mention some spelling errors, if you want I could always keep my eyes peeling and if I see any spelling errors, I'll post them on here