Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cyber8

Scripting playermodel

Hey, so I'm making my own map and I'm trying to get some fast movement on Doom 3. I just want to know how to implement commands such as pm_stamina or pm_runspeed at the very beginning of the map. I've read that I'd need to tweak in the player_def .pk4 file, but how's then that in Doom 3 in hell levels you don't run out of stamina? I'm new to doom3editor and I thought that just putting commands and values into info_player_start would be enough. However I still have to put commands manually into the console.

Looking forward for any helpful response.
PS: Any way to run d3editor with RoE resources? Can't put or spawn super shotgun.

Hi, I don't know how to set the infinite stamina either, but for mapping for Roe you have to set this line in the Doomedit shortcut: +set fs_game d3xp

If you have your own mod folder and want to use roe resources you add this: +set fs_game_base d3xp +set fs_game "yourmodfoldername"

As an example, this is the route of my doomedit shortcut that I use for my current mod:

"C:\Games\Doom 3\DOOM 3.exe" +set fs_game_base d3xp +set fs_game arl +set r_fullscreen 0 +set r_multiSamples 0 +editor +set com_allowConsole 1

To enable infinite stamina, set key "no_stamina" value "1" in the worldspawn. To edit worldspawn, select a standard brush in your map and open the entity window.

Thank you guys,
still can't figure out how to change player speed.
Is there a way for the map to put commands in the console right of the start by itself?

Made a mod folder, added +set fs_game cyb to my doomedit shortcut, changed everything I wanted in player.def, packed it to my own pak and ran it, but no results.
Movement stays the same. Am I missing something?

The number you have to change to alter the player speed are in these two lines:

"pm_walkspeed" "140"
"pm_runspeed" "220"

A modified player.def in a folder named 'def' inside your mod folder should be read by the game and thus override the default player definition by yours.

Note that if you are using RoE as a base the .def you have to modify is 'd3xp-player.def'.

From the screenshots you posted it looks alright to me. pak055.pk4 is your mod file, it's alphabetically/numerically higher then the game's pk4 files, so it should work. You could also call it speedmod.pk4 or something like that, it just has to be alphabetically higher than pak008.pk4.

Arl was right. I had to edit the d3xp's player.def. All for the movement is set.
Big thanks guys!
Now I gotta find pak files with commands for the weapon bobs, fov and gun model positioning.
If you happen to know where those are, I'd be glad if you could tell me.
I have to mention that I changed in console:
pm_bobpitch
pm_bobroll
pm_bobup
pm_crouchbob
pm_runbob
pm_runpitch
pm_runroll
pm_walkbob
set their values to 0 and I still have weapon bob.

Okay, I have another problem. I can't figure out how to delete the clip in the weapon.
Tried just deleting clipsize, chaingun won't reload (always empty).
Tried leaving clipsize and deleting max_ammobelt, no ammo in chaingun at all.
Having both clipsize and max_ammo on 600 gives you total ammount and you still have to reload.
Help.