Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

my new wad-brutally honest

Just done a 1:54.Just ran the error checker as I noticed a coupla problems, you've got a couple of un-closed sectors..nos8&202 and linedef 826 with a vertex asking to be split.
Nice feel to the map though.:)

I've just tried it on Nightmare: exit in 3:03 (third attempt). It was certainly an exciting way to play it, given I didn't know the route beforehand, and was just blundering around.

In general, I think NM should be impossible unless you know the route (or are a Class 1 Doomgod - and I'm not), and even then it should be really tough. So I'd suggest adding a few monsters (a bunch of extra demons teleporting in at an inconvenient moment plus a berserk pack maybe?). It's a nice little map, no doubt - not too linear either. It looked fine in OpenGL Legacy, though maybe I was a bit too busy to notice the architecture... No see-through walls or anything of that sort though.

Yep it's good fun with Nightmare 2:01, 1:42UV. I would agree, a few more monsters...maybe in that last secret area where the Soul Sphere is or even close to the exit itself.

seems it could use a few more baddies eh? It is E1M1 after all tho.

I use DCK 3.62 and found no errors. Anyone test co-op and DM?

You're right in that it's E1M1 and depends on what comes next. As a stand alone it could do with more baddies but as part of an episode it should be fine. I ran it through DeepSea's error checker and it came up with what I'd listed. Also if you stand on that balcony opposite the 3 switches, overlooking the nukeage one of the lamps is placed within' the wall, needs moving slightly.

yes i just saw that, but i was busy at my sisters (ugh) mowing here evil excuse for a lawn- heh got a new idea for a lvl Jungles of Hell.

this is what happens when you leave your yard unattended for the whole summer.

ravage said:

seems it could use a few more baddies eh? It is E1M1 after all tho.

True, but I think every map (even the first of an episode) should offer some sort of real challenge on UV. Personally, I don't like maps where there is no real danger, and it's just a matter of how quickly you can run to the exit (or clear out the baddies if you're going for 100%). OK, Doom's original E1M1 was very easy, but then that was the first Doom level anyone had played, so they had to make it very gentle. E2M1 and E3M1 were both moderately challenging, and of course E4M1 was extremely challenging.

Of course, if your episode is to be "designed for UV -fast or NM", then it is a very nice E1M1!

The map is a bit short on surprises as it stands - nothing to make you "jump".

Keep in mind that this is an old wad that I quickly spruced up (monster-items, textures, gameplay) and basically to a minumum.

I'm not really used to doing things this way; lo detail, Doom 1ish

then again, people can change eh?