Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ralphis

Vinesauce Mapping Contest

As per the post on the vinesauce forum they are also accepting MEGA uploads.

*100MB max, I'll make an exception if you can provide a link to MEGA or mediafire in the posts below

I know it is aimed at large files, but I'm sure they would accept it!

On his Twitter page he says over 150 wads have been submitted! Somehow I have the feeling most of them will be junk made by his fans who normally don't make any doom levels. I wonder if he will actually play all of them?

BeenJammin said:

I screwed up and thought it was EST timezone but I'm submitting my wad here anyway http://www.mediafire.com/download/ha440ay87wdvpui/Stabinbck.wad

Thanks!

I've uploaded it in 9 of September, 21:35 of CEST time, but I see that moderator didn't approve my post -_-'

SO here is my link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/jppjb6i7x3tate6/PT.pk3

But I hope that Vinesauce will not ignore my work too.

DeXiaZ said:

But I hope that Vinesauce will not ignore my work too.

I can read the writing on the wall (now that I'm calmed down from seeing red the moment I saw the contest) and we're cooked from getting in on the prizes at least. I tried joining Vinesauce forum to no avail (reminds me of Twitch!--More on that in two jiggles of a decapitated jackrabbit's ass) so I could plea for us mini-members but it's floundering even joining. I believe the biggest win I'll get is this awesome map I made anyway! Now I get to go back for tweaks!
And Twitch, hey Twitch. Twitch shouldn't have 24 hr. access bans because internet.

During his last stream he said he would only allow a bit of extra time for wads to be uploaded and that even if they were they would not be a part of the true contest. If you guys are still trying to upload your wads you are wasting your time.

Angry Saint said:

I was not trying to upload my wad, but to see if there were updates.

I second this comment. I posted with a good half a day spare. I wouldn't make any assumptions like that hardcore gamer. As they say, to assume is to make an ass of u and me.

Having trouble finding answers for seemingly obvious questions, but maybe I'm just hopelessly blind

When is the stream?
How will we be contacted if we place?
Will the stream be recorded so those of us with full time work can watch?
How many submissions were there?

EDIT

hardcore_gamer said:

On his Twitter page he says over 150 wads have been submitted!

Yeah okay I'm probably just blind

Yeah, I'm wondering the same. The lack of response of any sort aside from the submission count on Twitter has been a bit concerning. I really hope there's an announcement before the inevitable stream so it doesn't catch the folks not glued to Twitch off-guard.

Xaser said:

Yeah, I'm wondering the same. The lack of response of any sort aside from the submission count on Twitter has been a bit concerning. I really hope there's an announcement before the inevitable stream so it doesn't catch the folks not glued to Twitch off-guard.

During one of his last streams I asked how he was going to play all the wads and a stream mod said he has some other people going through the wads before the stream in order to filter out some of the trash. So insta-death traps and troll wads for the most part won't be included. That said they still said most of the wads got through.

Heh, that helps a bit -- thanks for the update.

I guess it's an odd conundrum since Joel's able to reach most of his target audience just by mentioning stuff offhand during the stream, making announcements and updates largely redundant to all except we "outsiders".

I don't really doubt things will happen. I'm just a paranoid git.

Yeah I actually got an e-mail yesterday from one of his mods about my submission, they're going through the wads and making sure they're (a) suitable for streaming and (b) are within the contest's submission rules.

Suitability-checking ~200 potentially meme-filled WADs is a lot to go through, so I have no idea when they'll be done, maybe I should've asked.

Thinking on it, my submission starts with the letters "AB", so they may have just only started doing so yesterday. But hopefully they've got a better system than just going through the list alphabetically. :P (Hi Tarns's Maximum Doom stream that took 6 months.)

oh god, the filename of mine is "shovelad.wad" so I really hope it isn't being looked through alphabetically.. I submitted it a few days early in hopes that it would potentially be seen sooner.

Yuck. The lack of a time part and the short notice of the announcement means I can't make plans to watch it. Plus the forum has been down for a week. I think I may have cursed the contest by entering once again. :P

The stream's up on YouTube now for folks who don't wanna read chat simultaneously.

WADs played:

aplayer12345 - Map One 2:54
blue_bomber_man - Vinesauce 11:21
Kingwormo - Hellsworst 15:43
shadowmolasses - Crypt of Beelzebub 25:15
duckyquackington - Temple of DOOM 34:33
gigglythump - CapnJoel 37:14
stormcatcher77 - Cursed Realms - Path Over The Abyss 50:09
nullscarab - skeleton++ 1:13:43
pinchyskree - Vine Source 1:28:45
rottking - steeptown 1:56:16
sgtnailer - The Temple 2:04:58
mynameiszz - PizzaQuest 2:19:55 9/10

I can see this taking a while. 2 hours to get through 12 WADs. Of ~150.

... <:'D