Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
printz

Where are the news threads?

This forum used to have lots of threads with world news (politics, big events), and the discussions were educated enough to be worth my time to read through them. Now I only see gameplay stuff. And if anyone dares to make any threads with politics, they become like the comments sections everywhere else on the Internet, where misinformed people just spread propaganda. It seems that everyone who had better rhetoric either left Doomworld or was banned from Everything Else. Are the admins trying to destroy this forum by severely limiting the tolerable content?

printz said:

This forum used to have lots of threads with world news (politics, big events), and the discussions were educated enough to be worth my time to read through them.

[citation needed]

printz said:

And if anyone dares to make any threads with politics, they become like the comments sections everywhere else on the Internet, where misinformed people just spread propaganda.

answered your own question right here!

I find it easier to talk about video games than shit that everybody gets into a pissing contest over. Even then games aren't sacred so that can still happen but I'm usually more educated / more politically correct when it comes to those so.

Are the admins trying to destroy save this forum by severely limiting the tolerable retarded content?

Yes.

In your post you complain about people spreading unfounded propaganda, well that's exactly why the political pissing contests that you miss occur less frequently now. Most of those threads were so full of crap that it made me want to scoop out my eyeballs after reading about 3-4 posts, personally.

Are the admins trying to destroy save this forum by severely limit the tolerable retarded returded content?

FIFY

Doomkid said:

scoop out my eyeballs

XD, also as for "news threads" If you want a new one why don't you just make one? It's a click away and you'll get replies.

If you want a new one why don't you just make one?

I'm not that well educated in social or economic issues to make valid posts. I'd rather read the experts or, alternatively, let others get into trouble.

The thing I like the most is people who can talk about politics without getting heated. It's like they know or can imagine the facts so they simply avoid picking a side, and just try to fight it through.

I made this thread because I like when I see gamers get out of their bubble, and especially when they can show their knowledge in other areas.

Anyway, let's not think about politics and religion. How about science and technology? I know that even there are dreamy people who over-post, but probably less annoying.

HavoX said:

at least we don't have to put up with these every Sunday

I've seen awful things on the internet. I've seen all kinds of bigotry and hate. I've seen people die in horrible, horrible ways. I've seen videos that are so terrible they never leave my mind.

But this, this takes the cake.

Do you use Doomworld for your world news? Why not just use one of the hundreds of other reliable news websites on the internet? This IS a forum for Doom, ya know.

Da Eediot said:

Do you use Doomworld for your world news? Why not just use one of the hundreds of other reliable news websites on the internet? This IS a forum for Doom, ya know.

I like seeing miscellaneous discussions among humans, even if the topic of the meeting (forum) is specific.

Gothic Box said:

I've seen awful things on the internet. I've seen all kinds of bigotry and hate. I've seen people die in horrible, horrible ways. I've seen videos that are so terrible they never leave my mind.

But this, this takes the cake.

Hell, I've seen worse, bro.