Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Roofi

"Mystic crates" a short map I made

Hello , I'm not an experimented doom mapper , so I built a map to train myself. It took me one week and I will make more maps in the future because I want to begin my own speedmapping project. :)

A screen of my map :

You are in a mysterious base full of crates and your objective is to escape ! Be careful , some monsters are waiting to shred you !

I don't know what is the best port to play this wad. I recommend Glboom+ , I tested with it.

https://www.mediafire.com/?o8x0gf6087qx1e5

Good luck !

Cute map Roofi. I like the lighting, the creative use of switches, and the overall progression is satisfying too. Here is a demo I recorded.

In the editor I noticed that you're using W1 teleport actions for monster closets. This is not recommended because if teleportation fails (due to the spot being occupied by someone else), the trigger will stop working and so it will be impossible to obtain 100% kills.

Pretty cool, you managed to put a lot of stuff in this small map.

Here's my rather pathetic way of finishing the map. I had to flee from the Cyberdemon, because it killed me easily on all previous attempts :)

As a poor player I should avoid Ultra-Violence :)

Some comments:
- Map seems a little claustophobic with narrow corridors and small rooms
- The music is cool!
- I would consider adding some more ammo, especially that there are several Arch-Viles. Or, at least, equip the player with chainsaw for all these pinkies :)
- There is a HOM in the starting room
- Sector 222 (the one with soulsphere) is marked as secret, but because of its size it will not always trigger correctly

At the end of the day it's quite a good map. It's nice that you are able to create "small" maps. On the contrary, I can never resist the temptation to add more rooms...

OK, then:
http://chabowski.eu/DOOM_custom_maps/Mystic_Crates/MysticCrates_(zDoom).lmp

The pinkie in front of the soulsphere didn't want to move away from it in GZDoom 2.2.

Also, those archviles were harsh, man. Damn.

I played your map. Don't know if difficluty settings are implemented or not but I tried on UV.

It's not bad. Liked the map flow and the design. Health is okay. Ammo felt a bit tight.

The PE encounter was pathetically easy.
Skipped the Cybie fight by luring it out and then rushing to the exit.
Also got it to kill the revenants for me.

Killed one Archvile and got constantly resurrecting imps to kill the other one 'cause I ran out of ammo (except for the pistol).

I necropost my old thread , I finally decided to post my map on idgames.

Nb : I removed the mp3 to make it vanilla compatible.

I remember this thread! This is pretty random, but I liked the title and it made me think of a cool idea for a Heretic map, which I eventually made as part of The Wayfarer. Thanks for the left-field inspiration, and congrats on the final release!

Monster closet teleports are W1, not WR, so an HK didn't teleport in. I assume his spot was blocked at that instant. Also I didn't trigger the Soul Sphere secret. Not sure how I was able to trigger the lift without scoring the secret. I guess I didn't fully enter the sector, but walked across the corner to trigger the lift?

Another fun map Roofi. I was scared the entire way through, expecting to get p0wnded at every turn. I admit I ran way and hid from the cyberdemon and sniped him from safety! One of the secrets had me stumped -

Spoiler

The secret switch hidden behind a lamp going up the stairs to the red key was very sneaky, I couldn't find it for quite a while.

What took me almost as long to work out was how to progress after finding the red key -

Spoiler

The red switch in a red post to open the red door was most unexpected.