Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
june gloom

Principal Skinner vs Nelson Muntz (debate thread)

So what're you guys doing instead of watching the debate?

I'll be watching Alien! A friend of mine wants to rewatch and she's bringing a friend who's never seen it, so that'll be fun :)

Jaxxoon R said:

When does the president contest actually end and the presidenting begin?

November, IIRC. Which means we get to put up with two more months of this crap. =/

Piper Maru said:

Will they fix teh ecanamy?

Anyone remember when Obama did an AMA online?

Dear [insert president here], how do I jobs? -everyone

TraceOfSpades said:

At work.

It sucks. I really wanted to see Trump destroy Cunton.

Quoting this now so I can come back to it later.

Making Doom levels, while listening to Antichrist Superstar.
I have no interest in watching elderly men-children bickering and yelling at each other over who gets to rule and fuck up the country I live in.

Bill Clinton for first lady, by the way.

Stockpiling bean cans, toilet paper (cut-up American flags) and immigrant slaves into my nuclear shelter so I'm ready for trumpocalypse.

TraceOfSpades said:

Cunton

*takes off reading glasses* well looks like all systems are nominal in Everything Else

This is how it'll go down wrt/ the media:

Clinton: She's had all these scandals, she's got a rough road!
Trump: He didn't scratch his balls on camera or talk about his dick, how presidential!

TRUMP WINS DEBATE

TraceOfSpades said:

At work.

It sucks. I really wanted to see Trump destroy Cunton.

The only thing he's going to destroy is a KFC bucket

Linguica said:

*takes off reading glasses* well looks like all systems are nominal in Everything Else

He's really gotta work on being a better boyfriendposter

I'm not gonna even bother watching as I am moving away from US politics in general, it's mostly a lot of shit flinging and acting like a bunch of clowns.

Listened to some of it via NPR on the way home from work. Nothing out of the ordinary happened from what I could tell. If you've been paying attention to the surrogates and what the candidates have been saying so far, basically a lot of it was rehashed except for the race relations segment because politicians don't typically start race discussions unless they have to or they know it is necessary because of the audience

HWGuy said:

Bob Ross is a more worthy use of background sound than the shitflinging between the giant douche and turd sandwich.

Hey, don't drag Bob into this. He's an alright dude and just plain better than this. Read the wiki on him if you haven't already.

By all reports Trump got bodied. It must have been pretty bad, because even my mom, who is fantastic at avoiding cognitive dissonance and living in a fantasy world where Trump is the second coming of Christ*, was in a bad mood tonight.

*she would probably be really angry at me saying that though, because she's also very religious and takes everything as a personal attack, including being told she takes everything as a personal attack

Yeah from the transcript it looks like Trump was scatter-brained in the 2nd half of the debate and he had a harder time making a coherent argument. He gets into moments where he makes a whole paragraph out of one sentence, making it hard as hell to know how many subjects and predicates there are. By one count, Trump interrupted Clinton and the moderator 25 times in the first 26 minutes. It was clear he did not have much to add in most of the interruptions.

The thing is, people are going to hear what they want to hear. The undecided voters are the only ones who get anything out of the debates

Trump's debate tactics are interesting. Frequently, he likes to bring up the people that endorse him, but doesn't really answer questions much.

By all reports Trump got bodied. It must have been pretty bad, because even my mom, who is fantastic at avoiding cognitive dissonance and living in a fantasy world where Trump is the second coming of Christ*, was in a bad mood tonight.

*she would probably be really angry at me saying that though, because she's also very religious and takes everything as a personal attack, including being told she takes everything as a personal attack

Sometimes, it's hard not to wonder if people like you are overly dedicated troll accounts to make anyone with similar opinions look bad. I suppose stereotypes must come from somewhere, but everything you post makes you look like a caricature straight out of the 90s. In 2016.

The whole petty leftist basing their political convictions on a rejection of mum's religious beliefs was already played out when *I* was a kid. You cannot be 16 yourself, and what kind of grown man would bitch about their mother on an Internet forum? Sure, we see the odd topic about how parents see you as a kid forever; but your tantrum-like foot stomping just isn't believable.

You had a good run, dethtoll. You fooled us all; but you pushed it too far. It's time to admit the truth now. Whether you're a Trump plant or a genuine neo-nazi, the lies have got to stop.

I'm voting Hillary just to make up for your blatant, dishonest propaganda.