Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mewse

ZDoom Editor For Terrible Hax0rs

The ZDoom news page heralds a new release of everyone's favourite DETH derivative, ZETH. Randy also mentions something which would be very useful in upcoming versions of ZDoom:
Here's something else I need to do before releasing a new ZDoom: Write code to collect crash information. Under Windows 98 and 98, I can count on the operating system to do this for me. Unfortunately, Windows ME does not present this information to the user at all, and Windows XP wants to send it to Microsoft, where it does me no good. This means if I want to have any hope of fixing crashes that occur in the future, I need to gather the information myself.It's funny when you're developing a program with a team, and every time your program crashes, Windows wants to send the error report to Microsoft. Sometimes we WOULD send it to Microsoft, secretly hoping they would send some programmers over to debug our program for us. Alas, then they'd probably want to check our software licenses.. anyways..

mewse said:

...Windows wants to send the error report to Microsoft. Sometimes we WOULD send it to Microsoft, secretly hoping they would send some programmers over to debug our program for us. Alas, then they'd probably want to check our software licenses.. anyways..

If you find this as annoying as I do, you can disable it. See: http://www.windows-help.net/WindowsXP/tune-08.html

hey grazza thanks alot, i've been working on XP for a while now to make it less retarded. i missed that one.

Wow, I seem to have become popular all of a sudden. That site has lots of other really useful tips too - you can have XP looking just like Windows 98 in no time...

Grazza said:

you can have XP looking just like Windows 98 in no time...

I'd rather prefere to make it look like Win2k...

boris said:

I'd rather prefere to make it look like Win2k...

Yes, I believe you can pretty much do that (for instance, the search feature can be set to be the same as Win2k's, but not Win98's). I bypassed Wink2k myself, which is why I didn't feel able to comment on it (i.e. how similar XP can be made to look, and whether anyone would want to make it look similar).

To be fair, I like XP very much, apart from its grossly annoying features and the way it screws up DOS programs.

Sign in to follow this