Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
lil'devil

Where can i get old alpha versions of the maps?

Um.. I want to play Alpha versions of Doom 1 maps without actually playing the Alphas themselves.
Is there a map pack that recreates those for the retail game?

Aditionally, it would also be nice to play maps from Doom 1.0/1.1 version of the game. Did someone recreate those for Ultimate Doom?

lil'devil said:

Um.. I want to play Alpha versions of Doom 1 maps without actually playing the Alphas themselves.
Is there a map pack that recreates those for the retail game?

Aditionally, it would also be nice to play maps from Doom 1.0/1.1 version of the game. Did someone recreate those for Ultimate Doom?

Problem is, the Alphas have line actions that don't exist in final versions of the game. There's an extremely slow lift, and a couple of others. The faster lifts could be used, but it's not the same. Also, in the Alphas, things either disappear when you shoot them, or you cannot shoot at all.

Point is, the Alphas are not playable games - you basically just walk through the levels and look around. Many levels cannot be exited. Best to play using the Alpha executables.

Linguica said:

Nice. Do those actually convert the levels into playable, finishable games, or do they just let you load them and look around? Maybe I'll just check 'em out.