Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Trycon

Doom Official Soundtrack Released

Listening to it while posting this. Took long enough, but I'm happier than a pig in a mud puddle right now. :D

Is it just me or are some of the tracks cut? In "Damnation" as soon as the choral part begins it just... ends. It starts, and you expect to hear the rest, but it never comes and is replaced by 40 seconds of ambient noise. I really hope it's just somewhere else in the soundtrack, because it was a reall cool homage to E1M8.

CheeseOnTheMoon said:

Is it just me or are some of the tracks cut? In "Damnation" as soon as the choral part begins it just... ends. It starts, and you expect to hear the rest, but it never comes and is replaced by 40 seconds of ambient noise. I really hope it's just somewhere else in the soundtrack, because it was a reall cool homage to E1M8.

That entire choir is in one of the other tracks, can't remember which one though. A lot of the music from this album has been cut apart and stitched back together invarious ways in-game. The opening scene, for example, uses parts of both the Samuel Hayden track and the Cyberdemon track.

Trycon said:

That visualizer.

Nice.

Yeah, fuck that would have been awesome if that was in game. With all the energy beams and shit with the floating platforms in hell. If that was going with the beat it would have been the icing on the cake!

The music goes with the action, but in return the action goes with the music. A perfect balance, yin and yang. FUCK hire me id software I'm a genius.

Seriously though, Mick Gordon even said the style of the music was inspired by some of those concepts with the energy beams. id, if you're reading this, please do this for the next Doom. Anything that encourages you to rip and tear in the most creative ways possible is a good thing with a game like Doom.

Music paired with dynamic visuals is one of the most powerful things. The power of music compels you!

The track at the beginning of Dakhma REALLY REALLY sounds like a 90s shooter track. It would feel right at home in a Heretic WAD.

Fun fact:

Dakhma means Tower of Silence and is a raised structure built by the Zoroastrians. Their funeral rites don't involve burying the dead. Instead, they leave the carcasses in these towers as a gift for carrion birds. Pretty Doom if you ask me. Would be an interesting WAD idea. Hmmm...