Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeffo2448

Name one thing Doom 16 is missing

Most likely, I've just been unable to directly pinpoint it as such. I've definitely speculated that variants of TEKWALL was used in numerous maps, but updated to look more advanced, or at least much more detailed.

One instance where I feel I might have been able to exactly pinpoint a Classic Texture (aside from the obvious ones like FLOOR4_8 and METAL1) would be in the Advanced Research Labs where I'm sure I spotted SW1GRAY (or SW2GRAY for that matter) and is the "eye scanner" where you use Dr. Peter's severed torso to gain access to the BFG.

Actual armor (instead of just alternate health).

I also would have liked to see the bosses appear in the old organic way rather than the scripted boss fights. That's one aspect of the gameplay they weren't willing to de-modernize I guess.

Richo Rosai said:

Actual armor (instead of just alternate health).

I also would have liked to see the bosses appear in the old organic way rather than the scripted boss fights. That's one aspect of the gameplay they weren't willing to de-modernize I guess.

I think they've said in interviews that they did try to make the cyberdemon show up alongside other demons and act like a demon of his own instead of being scripted, but that didn't work out so they had to settle for the single boss fight

Teleporters that don't look like absolute shite. Seriously, what's up with those? So much effort went into making the game a visual spectacle, and then they give you a flat, rotating texture for portals? They could've at least gone for a fake see-through portal look, like they did with the Gore Nests.

GoatLord said:

A more ambitious hell would have been nice. It was great for what it was, but it didn't get "out there" enough.

I agree. There's lots of potential though.

Two different types of armor, green (33% damage reduction) and blue (50% damage reduction.)

Never played Doom 16 actually. Does armor negate all damage or just reduce it like in classic doom? I always hated how video game armor simply acted as a second health bar, opposed to something like Counter-Strike where armor only absorbs some of the damage, and not all of it depending on the damage.

Toybasher said:

Two different types of armor, green (33% damage reduction)

There is green in Doom 2016 .
EDIT : Actually different types of armor looks like this in game (Found this on google, and was too lazy to take screenies)

marxr said:

Good music and actual modding tools.

Love to watch you spend 20+ hours making a crate :)

But seriously. Get the fuck over it. It's 2016, Unity and UE4. If you don't know what they are Google it. Don't you understand the reason behind the video game industry booming? Why is there a sudden surge in indy developers? Did you think about it for two fucking seconds before repeating the last dipshit?

The reason why hardly any devs are providing modding tools now is because it takes too much effort for the modder, we're talking hours upon hours of work. Anyone who's willing to do this work, and get this, they're already fucking doing it by making full fucking games that they can sell and actually make money off instead of waisting their time on IRC jerking over the thought of completing their total conversion mod that's taken over 10 years.

Stfu.

TheWizard said:

Love to watch you spend 20+ hours making a crate :)

But seriously. Get the fuck over it. It's 2016, Unity and UE4. If you don't know what they are Google it. Don't you understand the reason behind the video game industry booming? Why is there a sudden surge in indy developers? Did you think about it for two fucking seconds before repeating the last dipshit?

The reason why hardly any devs are providing modding tools now is because it takes too much effort for the modder, we're talking hours upon hours of work. Anyone who's willing to do this work, and get this, they're already fucking doing it by making full fucking games that they can sell and actually make money off instead of waisting their time on IRC jerking over the thought of completing their total conversion mod that's taken over 10 years.

Stfu.

what about fallout 4?

at most i'd like to see mapping tools, im sure there's a lot you could do with the assets that already exist.

RobotJoe said:

what about fallout 4?

at most i'd like to see mapping tools, im sure there's a lot you could do with the assets that already exist.

Haha I was being slightly sarcastic/over reacting on purpose in my post. Reading it again it didn't come off that way.

My less sarcastic point of the post was about total conversion mods. What a waste of time, just make a game and make money.

But you're right, not every mod has to be about new content. There's the coding side of things too, which in theory isn't really any different than modifying the code of a game 10 years ago (game logic wise).

Zapzop said:

A glorykill for the lost soul.

I always thought it'd be cool if you were able to time a punch just right so you can either backhand them away from you like a fly or just grab them and chuck them at another enemy (like in Brutal Doom).

A booming modding community.

Snapmap doesn't count. LOL at the limited number of demons you can spawn at a time, the prefab rooms, and the lack of custom content. The modding community would have more success in remaking Doom in UE4 just like the fan-made Sonic level of Green Hill Paradise Act 2.

Jet1337 said:

LOL at the limited number of demons you can spawn at a time

this is true and I hope they do something to mend for in the upcoming future.

Jet1337 said:

the prefab rooms

prefabs a shit.

Jet1337 said:

and the lack of custom content.

That was the funniest goddamn Doom parody I've seen in a long time. Holy shit. The editing was just superb. I want to see more!

The funniest part is that the pistol actually sounds better in the video than it does in the game itself.

The Pistol should have been replaced with the Repeater or a less useless version of it. I don't understand why Id made it so useless. The pistol in RAGE is one of the best I've ever seen. Why didn't they make it more like that?

rage's weapon balance meant is overall different from nudoom's.

I personally would always poke off lowly monsters with a charged shot to avoid ammo waste.