Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zulk RS

Does this qualify as an edited IWAD level?

I was wondering if something like this is eligible to be out on Idgames?

Personally I think it should be fine 'cause Plutonia did something like this in Map32.

Zulk-RS said:

I was wondering if something like this is eligible to be out on Idgames?

Probably not. If you want to remake an iwad map you must heavily edit it. All you did here is changed certain textures and added fog, that's not enough. Map 32 of Plutonia is an exeption to the rule, because it was meant to be an easter egg (that's why it's a secret map).

I was actually planning to put this as a secret map (MAP31) in a megawad.

Also it will be edited as in, the doors that usually lead to different parts of the original map lead to completely new areas.

Plutonia isn't an exception to the rule, because it's published by id and not on /idgames/

I shall keep that in mind then.

I'll think of something else to put on MAP31.

It probably would have been eligible if you didn't ask this question first. Usually the only reason things like this become issues is because the issue is brought up in the first place. Personally I say make what you want and be proud. If idgames won't take it then host it somewhere else and be proud of your modifications.

You should wait for Bloodshedder or The Green Herring to answer. The guys in this thread are just guessing, they are not maintainers.

Okay. I'll wait. I'm guessing the best thing to do within that time would be to try and finish the entire thing and post so that people can analyze it and tell me if it's really eligible or not.

What do I "Re-make" it? Do I have to redo the same level design from scratch?
I actually used prefabs in making this.

IMO it's fine. The "no edited IWAD levels" rule was put because there were hundred of thousands of edited IWAD levels made with minimum effort (see: any DWANGO compilation). If the rest of the mod isn't a bunch of E1M1s with added cyberdemons, it should be okay.

No, the rest of the megawad isn't a bunch of edited IWAD levels. This is actually 1 of 2 secret maps. The other, being a map made entirely out of crates.

I would say that my Maps of Chaos would be one of those altered IWAD map sets but it is significantly altered and even I'm not done with the level edits for the Overkill map edition.