Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Csonicgo

THE OFFICIAL DOOMWORLD 2016 HALLOWEEN THREAD

ALRIGHT YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE (MULTIPLE SELECT)  

81 members have voted

1. 1. ALRIGHT YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO HERE (MULTIPLE SELECT)

• Scaring the little children
    • P A R T WHY? BECAUSE I WANNA
    • Spooky Video Games
    • Spooky Movies
    • I HAVE TO WORK FOR THE MAN
    • I totally forgot to plan anything, Better fix that
    • Ain't doing a damn thang
    • Revving up the shitposting machine
    • I'M NOT A FAT AMERICAN BURGER CSG, GOSH
    • OTHER (Please specify, if you can type)

thank mr skeltal

Are there any good games I should play around Halloween? I picked up Silent Hill 1 a while back but I haven't fully played it yet.

Also I don't have a working PC at the moment, so they rules out mostly everything, including Quake.

If you have any system that can play Silent Hill Origins, it's great on PS2 and PSP, along with Echo Night Beyond for the ps2.

Probably gonna get some 2nd hand horror games like every year.
Later, after midnight, I'll cross the dark forest to get some goth/industrial groove at the local castle dungeon.

As for games, I can recommend Fatal Frame / Project Zero series.

I've been playing a lot of Blood lately. Halloween's my favorite holiday really, so it's just an excuse to like the horror movies that I do, and watch them. Best part of year by far.

But yeah, Blood, Quake, Manhunt.... those are a few "spooky" games for September, as October hits I'd recommend everything that's been recommended here.

Anyway, opening another thing. If you guys like podcasts the boys over at Dinosaur Dracula (formerly known as X-entertainment) have been doing a podcast for about a year and theyve got a lot of really entertaining halloween episodes. I don't think I'd have the love for the season that I do without Dino Drac. He's been doing halloween blogs every year for about 14 years now, it's great. I won't drop a link here, it's easy enough to find.

But it's good shit.

My annual Blood session earlier in the day, then taking the little one out trick or treating then probably run through Layers Of Fear on the projector in the basement. If there's time, a horror flick then bed... goddamn I feel old...

Autumn is my preferred season and Halloween is my favorite Holiday. Every October is 31 days of horror films, it's something I've done for years now. Also I play survivor horror games such as Silent Hill, Resident Evil, Afraid of Monsters/Cry of Fear etc. I also listen to Halloween themed music, read some scary ghost stories. Some H.P. Lovecraft, some M.R. James, some Poe. Good times!

I dont know, I always wanted to dress as leisure suit larry. though I lack a leisure suit...and a receding hairline. Guess Il have to settle for scarring kids.

I just finished up Alien: Isolation for the third year in a row (this will probably be the last time I play for a while, I just had the urge -- it's so good!) and am thinking I should probably get back to my Resident Evil series playthrough. Might also be time to finally sit down and play through Blood one more time.

Played some of the Halloween wads in here, one of them didn't felt like it was Halloween themed unless I was missing something :/

It was the Haunted Spaceship wad

Well, we got the fall decorations down from the attic. Now we just have to find the opportunity put them up...

Staying on topic, I'm too old for this going out for Halloween shit.

Guess I'll post the original one.

Doom 1 and 2 are a given. Ooh, They Hunger, No More Room in Hell, Resident Evil trilogy and Dead Island for the zombie quota. Maybe a bit of Blood and Alone in the Dark 1 if I can get DOSBox to work.

Now that my husband and I have the most expensive Halloween costumes ever, we'll be spending the night handing candy out to the little Pakistani kids at our apartment complex all night.

I think we'll do the Evil Dead series as well the night before.

Since I resolved to make the transition away from shut-in this year and I haven't been doing very well at it, I guess I'll take some benzos and go to a bar and watch everyone have fun and then go home and be like at least I tried.