Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrGlide

Do you have Doom tattoos or know anyone who does?

I'v been thinking very hard about getting a Doom tattoo and was wondering if/who our other members where that had them? Or do you perhaps think a Doom tattoo is a bad idea? why?

I've been thinking about a Doom tattoo since a long time. But the main problem is, that Doom (still) is a commercial product and any Doom-Tattoo would -in one way or another- support the company behind it. And I don't wanna be a living advertising column. I really love CLASSIC Doom as THE superior game of all time and I find the
old Doom Community still amazing, BUT:

- I don't like the way, the industry is behaving.
- I don't like the attitude of most of the doom-beginners,
who startet with doom95 or even worse - with Doom3.

So I'd need a tattoo, which respects the old school Doom, but which also absolute cleary says Piss Off Bethseda, Piss Off anything Newschool Doom.

And so I am having problems, finding the right motif....any ideas are welcome!

There was this guy on FB. Had IDKFA tattooed on the side of his head.

And the classic Doom box art on his back/chest (don't remember).

IMO I prefer a Quake 1 tattoo.

DoomGater said:

So I'd need a tattoo, which respects the old school Doom, but which also absolute cleary says Piss Off Bethseda, Piss Off anything Newschool Doom.

Hehe, getting John Romero's Icon of Sin head tattooed somewhere might be funny, it'd be a bit weird if you met the man and showed it to him though :P

AwesomeO-789 said:

Hehe, getting John Romero's Icon of Sin head tattooed somewhere might be funny, it'd be a bit weird if you met the man and showed it to him though :P

..or the _old_ -pre-BFGD3-version- medikit, which makes clear what I think of Bethseda's changes. But that's not 'doomish'-enough...
BTW: I guess, the Romero wouldn't mind. Afaik, he's quite cool (even while I’m not exactly being his bitch..:-))

DoomGater said:

I've been thinking about a Doom tattoo since a long time. But the main problem is, that Doom (still) is a commercial product and any Doom-Tattoo would -in one way or another- support the company behind it. And I don't wanna be a living advertising column. I really love CLASSIC Doom as THE superior game of all time and I find the
old Doom Community still amazing, BUT:

- I don't like the way, the industry is behaving.
- I don't like the attitude of most of the doom-beginners,
who startet with doom95 or even worse - with Doom3.

And so I am having problems, finding the right motif....any ideas are welcome!

Doomguy berserk punching through a copy of Doom 2016.

I found this on google, I am considering getting it.

I don't have a DOOM tattoo - in fact, I have no tattoos at all - but if I ever get one by any chance, it'll probably be either the logo or the Hell Knight a la Doom 3's box art.

DoomGater said:

Piss Off anything Newschool Doom.

Oi, you dare insult the magnificence that is DOOM '16?!

Just kidding, I don't blame you. :P

Getting this vibe against Doom 2016. Out of all the modern game remakes, Doom 2016 is the best one. It deserves a nod of respect even if you can't break away from any 90s nostalgia.

Chezza said:

Getting this vibe against Doom 2016. Out of all the modern game remakes, Doom 2016 is the best one. It deserves a nod of respect even if you can't break away from any 90s nostalgia.

D16 is steamy, original doom was shareware. I don't like steamy.
D16 supports operating systems / plattforms I don't like.
But ok, it is the best doom game published this year.

BTW: wrong thread.

Never thought of this, the classic doomguy firing down on demons would make an epic sleeve. I do however have two skulls wrapped in barbed-wire sort of resembling lost souls, though not intentionally but I suppose skulls all look alike._