Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
watstha

Future maps

DMGUYDZ64 said:

Man, cool stuff you made there, Hope they add that option soon, It'll be definitely worth it .

Thanks, and I sure hope so too, I already have a bunch ready to be linked =D

Thanks!

I see that article on moddb is from June, hopefully we're still getting it because it sounds alot more ideal then having to go back to snapmap lobby to load a new map

I've still got my fingers crossed we'll get cybie and mastermind in snapmap, maybe it could work somehow if they made it so we can only place them in certain moduels that are big enough, and also make both bosses only do their most basic attacks, much like we see the nu-cybie do on Tower of Babel from the unlockable classic levels

Can't wait to see RE2 in Snapmap!

Edit: In-fact I've been thinking about it, and talking with my friend

And I think it'll be a really good way to create the illusion of a big ass map

Here's what I'm thinking

Say you have Map 1, you put a locked Yellow door near the END of Map 1, at the end of Map 1 you get into the Elevator and press a switch, it'll automatically load into Map 2

Upon Map 2, at some point the player will find a Yellow Keycard, but also prehaps a locked Red door.. You use the logic so that when the player picks up this Yellow Keycard, they can return to the elevator, but this time upon pressing the button it'll load into Map 3

Map 3 will acctually be the roomlayout from Map 1 with the locked Yellow door, however you can delete all the PREVIOUS layouts and objects ect. that came BEFORE that room and just lock the door that lead you into that room.. Which is why I said on my 1st paragraph that we'll need to put the locked door towards the END of a map, thus freeing up more space to build behind the yellow door that the player can now unlock

Then behind said yellow door, they ofc find the red keycard, and go to map 4 which is basically map 2 redesigned

Sorry for rambling, hopefully what I've just written makes sense to you guys because this is generally what I'm thinking will be the best thing about linking maps

Would be pretty cool if SnapMap will allow saving inventory between maps if that Map linking Node gets added in the Future, I hope they haven't changed their minds lol .

I cant help but feel a little bit sad together with how awesome this looks.

You know just as well as I do that you won't be able to have proper fights in that space don't you? Monsters will just fail to navigate it all.

That said I do hope the linking of maps is still coming. I was actually surprised it was not included in the last content update since I was expecting it together with the hell modules. I vaguely remember Marty saying something about not carrying over your inventory if such a feature as this would ever get implemented but this is from a long time ago and I dont remember the source. Just linked maps would already be awesome though. :)

redrage said:

I cant help but feel a little bit sad together with how awesome this looks.

You know just as well as I do that you won't be able to have proper fights in that space don't you? Monsters will just fail to navigate it all.

That said I do hope the linking of maps is still coming. I was actually surprised it was not included in the last content update since I was expecting it together with the hell modules. I vaguely remember Marty saying something about not carrying over your inventory if such a feature as this would ever get implemented but this is from a long time ago and I dont remember the source. Just linked maps would already be awesome though. :)

I´m aware, I also ran some test with all the demons to see which one could navigate those areas better. I found out that the shooter type enemies (Possessed soldiers, Hellrazers, Mancubi and even Imps to some degree) behave well in custom surfaces, also there´s flight demons like the Lost Souls and Cacodemons. By limiting these areas to these types of enemies, I´m able to keep the flow of combat =)

Plus, only the lobby and the second floor where you find the red gem are made with custom assets, the rest of the map takes place in ground modules =)

HALFRATS PS4 said:

Nice work man, thats impressive. How much memory does a room like that eat up?

Surprisingly, a little less than half the resources and I have plenty left for a couple more rooms. So far I hava almost the entire first floor, with the exception of the room where you find a red diamond by burning a painting and the the safe room in the left wing.