Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reisal

Evergrey and Nightwish music replacement

Link

For the metalheads and those into symphonic stuff, some tracks are pretty good. I also included a text file of all the songs used.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Quality is a little inconsistent but it's overall listenable in normal gameplay. I would debate at length the use of "MIDI vocals", but that's probably more subjective than it's worth actually debating. Instrumentation is mostly solid. Subtracting a star because of furries constantly fellating Nightwish and making me physically ill at the prospect of listening to said band gives you a total of 3.5/5 stars in my book

Pedro VC said:

Both symphonic metal and punk are horrible. Replace everything with Slayer and you have a 5/5 wad.

That's already been done but I did download Slayer MIDIs from MidiMelody. In fact, I have over 2,500 MIDIs from there in separate artist directories so I could make more music WADs in the future.

The reasoning why I used 2 artists is because so it can fill up all 70 or so songs across both games.

I wonder, is Accept overdone?

@Albertoni: Thanks, bookmarked their main page.

Pedro VC said:

Both symphonic metal and punk are horrible. Replace everything with Slayer and you have a 5/5 wad.

But Slayer is infuenced by hardcore punk and even made an entire tribute album covering many punk bands. (Album : Undisputed attitude)

I was just kidding with the Slayer suggestion. My point is that symphonic metal and punk don't fit Doom very well, except of course, if you use them in pwads with a specific theme.

The fact that Slayer is influenced by punk means that punk fits in doom. (There are several Slayer midis in both dooms and they all sound punk)

I suddenly feel the urge to do an heretic or hexen replacement with Rhapsody&Gloryhammer, or Dream Evil&Katana.

So... Nightwish...

I notice that there's only stuff from the first 4 albums. But where the hell is "The Pharaoh Sails To Orion"... ;)

Speaking of Nightwish, I find Scythe 2's use of Wanderlust in map 28 to be highly amusing. Doesn't fit at all.

Nevander said:

Please tell me Ghost Love Score is in here...

D_RUNNI2 Nightwish - Ghost Love Score

nice stuff, i'll try it