Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalinus

Share Your Sprites!

Made this as an in-joke with a friend...I'm uncertain as to whether I should release this or not. The simple art-style was inspired from Shadow of the Wool Ball.

Omegalore said:

I always thought the Pinky Demon was the little brother of the Baron.

Nice one, dude.

When your big brother gets picked on and you get fucking beefed up.

It indeed is probably most efficient way to make monster sprites, from animated 3d-model image sequences.

Here is a weird shotgun(?) sprite I created in Cinema 4D. I tried to make it shiny as chaingun, so its more of an light contrast test than anything else. Fun thing is, that there's over 10 light sources around it.

Voros said:

Is that Doom 2016's shotgun?

It's from a sprite pack that has Doom 2016 sprites. I just made some edits to it.

Can I ask your guys' opinion? Should I release this Wolf O'Donnell player skin as-is or do you think it could use more work? I haven't really had the motivation to do any more for this, so I'm willing to upload the WAD on idgames as a finished work; but if anyone has any thoughts on this I'd appreciate it. The animation isn't as smooth as I'd like it to be and the color palette could probably use some work, but I somehow doubt I'll ever get around to working on it again since I'm not that great at working on sprites like these.

download

I think you need to make the fur a different colour. At the moment it blends into the metal armour too much and gives the impression of a robot.

Not a sprite, but near there! :P This is slow.

[edit]Ugh, it's jpg and shrinked in resolution... I know better next time

Decided to have a go at converting this guy to Boom format. I suspect much painful Dehackery lies ahead.

Cheers, but I'll looking at it now and just realised the thigh wound is completely in the wrong place... >.<

Some 3D stuff in 2D form I created today from scratch. Model is totally unfinished and there is only two omni lights: above and under the model, placed slighty forward center point. The middle ones have darkened and contrast is strengthened up. After discovering just recently sculpting tool, everything has become exponentially easier... Very complicated stuff to say all in one post, but I know this will work eventually.

[edit] There is also small red light in the mouth.

From the cutting room floor of Echelon, here's a sprite for the NPC rendition of the preacher outta the Jaguar Doom commercial:

the-2nd-preacher_orig.pngjaguar_preacher_020.png.3eaf9b7c234dde3b92264202792de612.png

Edited by Soundblock : image had disappeared