Hello

Im Looking For The Lost Episodes Of Doom Wad File
Called JPTR_V40.WAD

Any one Have It ??
This Is Not Warez Its Out OF print

sparky said:

...Any one Have It ??

how many times are you going to do this?

The publishing company who were selling it never gave permission for it to be distributed for free. Therefore, whether it's still being sold or not is irrelevant - it's warez.

Publishing company....do you suppose this was a case where some "company" put various pwads on disk and sold them, and the original authors got no credit? I think that went on with Duke Nukem, I got a CD once, filled with mostly crap levels, and there were no credits.

Noo its just one wad file that came on a floopy
with a book called the lost episodes of doom
i just want the wad

Biffy: afaik all the authors got paid. I think some of the levels are only available in the wad, and other levels that had previously been released were improved.

Biffy said:

Publishing company....do you suppose this was a case where some "company" put various pwads on disk and sold them, and the original authors got no credit?...

He he, I bought a disk like that once. Guess what I found - A modified version of one of my own levels on it, completely uncredited. I'm pretty sure the lost episodes are a different kettle of ghoti though.

sparky said:

Hello

Im Looking For The Lost Episodes Of Doom Wad File
Called JPTR_V40.WAD

Any one Have It ??

Ok sparky, let me clear this up. Yes, even if it is out of print it is still warez because a copyright on the product is still held. Unless it is officially released by the company that made it as freeware, it is illegal to download. You keep requesting warez and you better stop.

So any games created for Babbage's Difference Engine are now public domain...

Fodders's post was actually useful for me, because I wasn't entirely sure what the rule was for works where the copyright belonged to a company, rather than an individual ("Death + 70" obviously can't apply then).

bigbadgangsta said:

What relevence does it have? The copyright hasn't expired yet. Heh.

I wanted to tack it onto Sparky's thread as info, but it got closed, do us a favour and merge it in? :)

if you wanna know i founf it it is for free
i found an old post in the forums here
you the admins... will let me post this link
you can have it