Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gruntkiller4000

The Official 'Trying to Find a Specific WAD' Thread

Still looking for a WAD.

I cant recall much, but it must have been for ZDoom or GZDoom, because it had ambient sounds like boiling lava when you walked near lava pools and stuff like that. It had brown/tan temple stones theme I think. Anyone?

scifista42 said:

Could it be one of the three Cheogsh wads?

Good call, but I´ts not the right one. I also vaguely remember it having ambient music, like PSX Doom, not midi music. Also, less "gothic" feel than Cheogsh, and more in the vein og pyramid-type-stones-temple. I also remember it was posted as an embedded video here on the forums. Must have been several year ago now.

Fuck. So irritating :P

Hi everyone.

Need your help (obviously.)

I downloaded the Community Chest 4 megawad.
Inside this folder was another wad called

lambda.wad.

It has all textures missing and my guess is, it was never finished (although the architecture looked complete).

Does anyone know more about this?

Is there a finished Version of lambda.wad floating around?

LordMaximus said:

The first one is on /idgames, the others not, because I didn't consider them worth anything. Should I reupload them anyway?

Käpn said:

I downloaded the Community Chest 4 megawad.
Inside this folder was another wad called

lambda.wad.

It has all textures missing and my guess is, it was never finished (although the architecture looked complete).

Where did you download it from? It's not in the /idgames release of CC4. Wherever you got it from, my guess is that somebody just took the finished version of CC4 and removed textures from it for some reason.

scifista42 said:

The first one is on /idgames, the others not, because I didn't consider them worth anything. Should I reupload them anyway?

Yes, please upload all 3. The patches from the thread had the Arch-vile resurrect everything as Revenants, and made other changes to the Revenant. The patch on idgames doesn't do any of that.

I see, I confused the first patch with another one I've made. Anyway, I was aware that the patches in the thread became unavailable now, but you know, each of the patches took me like 15 minutes to make, and I provided descriptions of what the patches do so that anyone with DEHACKED skill could recreate them in 15 minutes from scratch, and also, their entire point was just to implement a momentary idea that I (back then already) knew will have no good use and will be forgotten by everybody the next day anyway, so that's why I never considered it a good enough material to be preserved for the future.

Here they are for the time being. Also, now that I see that it can happen anytime that somebody requests such lost files, however insignificant, I'll upload them to /idgames, probably all 3 in the same zip.

EDIT: /idgames link

Who has that wad by Ribbiks with some elaborate fractal decoration on the ceiling and music from the Puyo Puyo games?

scifista42 said:

Where did you download it from? It's not in the /idgames release of CC4. Wherever you got it from, my guess is that somebody just took the finished version of CC4 and removed textures from it for some reason.

I got it from here:

EDIT: Seems I don't remember the original source anymore.
It was zipped into a folder named

mrutvb.zip

That's the same link that I was talking about, and as I said, I see no lambda.wad inside that zip, so it can't be where you got lambda.wad from.

Darsycho said:

Does anybody have any of memfis' abandoned maps?

or at least these ones https://www.doomworld.com/vb/post/1218399

Memfis_maps.zip

All files from that post are in the zip.

scifista42 said:

Here they are for the time being. Also, now that I see that it can happen anytime that somebody requests such lost files, however insignificant, I'll upload them to /idgames, probably all 3 in the same zip.

Thanks!

Hey, anybody have that mod called Parkmore? It was made by Ijon Tichy. Download link on Zandronum forums is dead now, so I can't get that mod.

I'm looking for a level in particular, I'm sure it was in a mapset. I remember that in this level inside a cave there was a red marble cube surrounded by silver pads and groups of them lowered as you stepped on them as part of a rather hard puzzle. Maybe it's a too specific thing for others to remember, anyway I don't think this wad is very old.

Hi, I've got an almost complete list of Chillax source maps, just 8 blank spaces that need filling up now.

Here's a collection of screenshots of the maps themselves and their complete automaps.
http://imgur.com/a/waHXq

If anyone recognises any of these areas (which have probably been retextured), or any of the layouts let me know. Even if you can't find the exact WAD, a point in the right direction would be appreciated. The automaps of the source maps are typically identical to the stolen ones.

On the topic of finding the sources of maps in a compilation, there are two compilation episodes for Heretic that appear on the H!ZONE disc that I've been tracking down the sources of. Here's what I figured out so far:

Compilations
------------
HOLYWAR.WAD
E1M1 - WRATH.WAD
E1M2 - HEINOUS.WAD
E1M3 - DIABOLIC.WAD
E1M4 - WINDS.WAD
E1M5 - DETHKASM.WAD (Edited)
E1M6 - FORTLAV2.WAD (Edited)
E1M7 - KYOPI1B.WAD
E1M8 - ???

HELLFURY.WAD
E2M1 - ???
E2M2 - ???
E2M3 - HERESY.WAD? (Also on H!ZONE, the version in HELLFURY is edited with more areas)
E2M4 - FINAL1.WAD
E2M5 - DIABOLIC.WAD
E2M6 - WINDS.WAD
E2M7 - H-TEMPLE.WAD (Also on H!ZONE, not on idgames, conversion of TEMPLE11.WAD)
E2M8 - THEKEEP.WAD
E2M9 - ???
Here are Wad Archive links for HOLYWAR.WAD and HELLFURY.WAD. Any leads on the ??? slots?

joepallai said:

I'm looking for a large non-linear vanilla level that takes place in a tech base somewhat infected by the demon invasion, lots of grey walls with high ceilings and Tlites for ceiling tiles. Lots of small enemies with a Baron in a darkened hall on the eastern half of the map that used clever linedef triggers to keep this section separated during the earlier part of the wad. the last thing I really remember was getting ambushed by a revenant or archvile coming down a curved flight of grey stairs with a blue door (I think the door needed a blue key). Not sure who made it, when it was made or much else. File size was around 740k unzipped.

Oh yeah, the baron area was dark but had windows that were lit with redwall or firelava (it was bright red against a darkened hall with the baron dimly lit in this area...really good lighting here, not so much the rest of the level)

I just finished Castle of Evil by Stanley Stasiak and think what I was describing above was this level, though I was completely wrong about a revenent and archvile (and most of how I described it). I recommend it if you want to play a really good and puzzle heavy early level.