Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
z34chris

Doom map generator

Is there a program that creates auto generated doom maps but with user specified structures? say if I wanted stairs to be a certain way or rooms to be a certain style etc...

Oblige does not give a user a huge amount of control of map structures, but you *can* edit the existing prefabs with a doom map editor (as long as you don't change the overall size of the prefab, which would probably cause an error message). Creating and editing prefabs is not documented yet though.

I'm just using DnD map generator and using my lame creativity for the rest.

A bit off-topic. but since Oblige (from what i've heard) can make really impressive maps, what if someone would exploit it and create maps in Oblige and tell everyone it's their work? Is there some way to differentiate Oblige-created maps from human-created ones?

lil'devil said:

A bit off-topic. but since Oblige (from what i've heard) can make really impressive maps, what if someone would exploit it and create maps in Oblige and tell everyone it's their work? Is there some way to differentiate Oblige-created maps from human-created ones?

There's a lump within the WAD that identifies it as an Oblige map. Also, while the maps can be impressive, their structure is pretty easily identifiable. Oblige has a very small repertoir of tricks it can employ in its generated maps, so while they may look impressive, they will all play the same way.

Alright, that sounds fine. thanks for the info. I was just wondering if a program existed that could take pre-made pieces that go to a map and assemble those to create a final map? say if you create the start and end areas, a few different types of rooms, a few hallways and then basically take those exact pieces to build a map?