Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lil'devil

What kind of liquid does health bonus contain?

There was a comic somewhere that showed that the "blue liquid" was the surplus semen from the Demon's sperm bank.

Nah, the liquid is very dark blue-ish. Clean water is pretty clear.

Interesting fact: the Soulsphere and health bonus are both blue, and provide health. Maybe they both contain the same substance?

Yeah Voros, I always assumed it was a tiny bit of Soulsphere goop, with a little mint added for freshness.

Who says they contain a liquid? Who says they're even bottles in the first place? Maybe they're blue fruits, and that little brown thing on the top isn't a stopper but a stem. Magical blue pears of health increase.

I remember hearing in an interview--I think with Romero--that a lot of Doom's elements, such as key hunting, was carried over from Commander Keen. The idea of a potion or elixir that restores health is another one of those "gamey" things that fits right at home with Doom. So there's clearly some sort of implied magical element going on. I suspect the bottles contain a small amount of whatever the soulsphere is made out of, which to me seems like it would be kind of thick, like blood, but would have a refreshing life restoring taste.

Could be minor soul essence, if we link them to soulspheres, which are sorta like 100 of them merged together, both have the power to boost your health beyond human limits.

Da Werecat said:

Two minutes and there's already a demon jizz joke from Maes. Time was so not on my side this time.

I saw the thread title and knew the comic would be referenced, if not posted, likely by Maes. First reply, already there, not disappointed.

I like how Doom General has become the go-to place for absolutely inane speculation, like "what would a cacodemon score on a visual acuity test?" and "what does a mancubus fart smell like?"

On topic: a strange and viscous elixir I'd imagine

Gez said:

Who says they contain a liquid? Who says they're even bottles in the first place? Maybe they're blue fruits, and that little brown thing on the top isn't a stopper but a stem. Magical blue pears of health increase.

Demons don't like fruit though. :P

Voros said:

Interesting fact: the Soulsphere and health bonus are both blue, and provide health. Maybe they both contain the same substance?

Use3D said:

Yeah Voros, I always assumed it was a tiny bit of Soulsphere goop, with a little mint added for freshness.

I always assumed the same thing. Maybe it's ectoplasm?

dobu gabu maru said:

I like how Doom General has become the go-to place for absolutely inane speculation, like "what would a cacodemon score on a visual acuity test?" and "what does a mancubus fart smell like?"

Next time on Doomworld™: "Why is there so much marble in hell?"

HavoX said:

Demons don't like fruit though. :P

Precisely. Have you noticed that demons never pick health bonuses up?

HorrorMovieGuy said:

Next time on Doomworld™: "Why is there so much marble in hell?"

And what's up with all the wood and lava? Whose bright idea it was to put wooden buildings in a lava sea? And why doesn't it burn, anyway?

Maybe...they like to hide health potions in them? Oh. OH. Cacodemon innards are blue, health potions are blue. Health Bonus' is actually Cacodemon juice. MYSTERY SOLVED.

Da Werecat said:

Imp's butthole pales in comparison with cacodemon's.

Both pale in comparison to Doom 64's imp's butthole.

The PE's butthole looks the same as the Caco's...but does it FEEL the same?

Maes said:

The PE's butthole looks the same as the Caco's...but does it FEEL the same?

I wouldn't risk verifying it without protection (against extreme heat).