Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jazzmaster9

Innocence X2 - v1.2 Now on Idgames

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Hey this looks like a good start. There's a review of your Innocence X in newstuff now. I still see a lot of the problems mentioned in that review here. I think using new textures and doing some more detailing of the maps would help a lot. The screens so far still look too plain and flat. All in all, not bad, but you can do a lot better than this.

Thanks for the feedback.
I've read the review of innocence X1 and while I do agree with improving the detailing work. I love using the stock Doom textures. The PSX Port made good use of the stock textures+ colored light and adding completely new textures kind ruins the point of PC Doom + PSX Doom.

Why are you so sure that adding some new textures will ruin the point of it? Unless you were trying to port the PSX levels to PC, that's not really an issue because you'r e making new maps.

If you want to keep the look of the stock textures you can, but there are a lot of new textures that are edited versions, and not necessarily recolors, of the stock textures you could use though, and then use colored lighting on those. It would still look and feel like stock Doom 2, without being as plain.

General Rainbow Bacon said:

Why are you so sure that adding some new textures will ruin the point of it? Unless you were trying to port the PSX levels to PC, that's not really an issue because you'r e making new maps.

If you want to keep the look of the stock textures you can, but there are a lot of new textures that are edited versions, and not necessarily recolors, of the stock textures you could use though, and then use colored lighting on those. It would still look and feel like stock Doom 2, without being as plain.

I'll be playing Around with new Textures extensively on the next Innocence.
I'll see what custom textures i can use here but at this point I'm pretty happy with the texture work in X2 and probably wont mess with it.

Final Beta(beta v.5.1) has been released
- Minor retexturing and texture alignment in map 01
- Some rebalancing in items and ammo on some maps

Update:
Just a heads up. The Final release will come out sometime next week. Just gotta finish this semester and then'll start with the final fixes and upload.
Thank you.

Innocence X 2 has been released!
It's Finally here! Thank you for all who participated in the Beta.

Idgames link coming soon!

Can/Should I play Innocence X and this with a boom-compatible port like Doom Retro?

VGA said:

Can/Should I play Innocence X and this with a boom-compatible port like Doom Retro?

Not possible since this is a ZDoom specific mapset.

Congrats on getting this out, man, I'll be playing it on stream once I get free time back in my life :<

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think progression in map 4 is broken. In the room with the red key none of the doors will open for me. I've wall-humped everything to no avail. This is using both the stable release of GZDoom as well as the Oct.4 SVN build of GZDoom.

Nems said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think progression in map 4 is broken. In the room with the red key none of the doors will open for me. I've wall-humped everything to no avail. This is using both the stable release of GZDoom as well as the Oct.4 SVN build of GZDoom.

Can you post the screenshot of the room in question?
Map 4 is finishable during testing.

jazzmaster9 said:

Can you post the screenshot of the room in question?
Map 4 is finishable during testing.

I found out what the problem was. I had compatibility settings set to 'Doom' instead of 'Default'. Oops. :P

Enjoying the WAD so far!

Cacockcansukmycok said:

and I'm Rated it a 5 BROTHA great mod you really inspirated the PSX1 version
of doom with that.

Thank you. I'm glad you liked the mapset.

Minor Update Uploaded for both download links:
- Removed some misplaced monsters in map 9
- changed some automap line flags in map 9

On map04 right where you meet the archvile you can get stuck in one of the three lavapits. Seems like an oversight since the other two have steps allowing you to escape.

Edit: I'd also like to mention that revenant rocket turrets blow chunks. They blend in so much that I keep getting killed the first time I walk past em, each and every one of em.

Very nice wad, jazzmaster9! As with the predecessor Innocence X, I like your simple layouts, great atmosphere and good challenge. Thanks for the mapset!

I love PSX style mapsets so i gave this a shot, pretty fun but like Rainbow Bacon said the maps lack some detail.
Still it killed some time while i STILL wait for Threshold of Pain 2... :D

My only disappointement so far is that you did not use a Diablo II track for the second secret level.

That aside, it was pretty good! Is there going to be an Innocence X3 or are you done with the series?

Release Version 1.2 is now available on Idgames
- Fixed the graphical glitches on the Title Screen
- Fixed the scrolling sky on Map 04
- Minor aesthetic changes on Map 04
- Item Placement rebalance on Map 06
- Added new monster encounters on Map 07 Map06

JohnnyTheWolf said:

Is there going to be an Innocence X3 or are you done with the series?

There are plans for an Innocence X3 but I'm still not sure if I'm going to follow through with it.

JohnnyTheWolf said:

What exactly are the new monster encounters on Map 07? I just replayed it and did not noticed any difference.

I added some Revenants in the Red key Area.
They Spawn in via line def trigger.