Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raymoohawk

favorite movie monster?

I also love The Big G! That didn't come to mind when I read the topic title, since he's usually who I'm rooting for, and often a hero. (A hero who steps on buildings, granted)

He was a villain again in GMK though, which is probably my fav Godzilla movie. Brutal force of nature/revenge being a better word than villain perhaps.

I'll also give a shoutout to Pennywise from It, as played by Tim Curry.

PsychoGoatee said:

I also love The Big G! That didn't come to mind when I read the topic title, since he's usually who I'm rooting for, and often a hero. (A hero who steps on buildings, granted)

He was a villain again in GMK though, which is probably my fav Godzilla movie. Brutal force of nature/revenge being a better word than villain perhaps.

I'll also give a shoutout to Pennywise from It, as played by Tim Curry.

nice, my favorite godzilla movie is godzilla vs hedorah :)

Edited by Guest

Too many to choose from, but I'm gonna go with the Deadites because I'm a huge Evil Dead fanboy. They're zombies and demons all rolled into one, and that's metal.

Honorable mention: the aliens from Bad Taste(which I used as my avatar on multiple occasions). I just love how they look.

RUSH said:

*weeps*
Why did you mention him?

Although I'm impressed on how real he looks. Probably why it creeps me out so much.

Don't know if this counts, but I always loved Jason from the original Friday the 13th movies (fuck the remake and Jason X)

^ Yeah Tarman is one of the scariest movie monsters I've seen. His first appearance is pretty damn cool too.

Spoiler

What gets me about Tarman is how great his costume/effects are. Even in the scene where they knock his head away with a bat it looks good. A lot of b-movie decapitations where the body could still move about looked off back then, but Return of the Living dead pulled it off flawlessly.

I always enjoyed the stop-motion monsters of Ray Harryhausen, especially the ones in Clash of the Titans.

The first emergence of the Kraken is still a master class in monster reveal.

Bauul said:

I always enjoyed the stop-motion monsters of Ray Harryhausen, especially the ones in Clash of the Titans.

The first emergence of the Kraken is still a master class in monster reveal.

yep those are nice. i always wondered if doom's hell nobles were partially inspired by the sinbad cyclops

Xenomorph, especially the original from Alien (1979). Nevertheless, the Warrior, and the Runner are also badass.

Though growing up, my all time favorite was always Bruce, the shark from Jaws. I'm a shark aficionado.

RUSH said:

Return Of The Living Dead.

J.B.R said:

Pumpkinhead.

I met Linnea Quigley a few years ago at a convention.

I absolutely love the Cenobites from Hellraiser.

Cenobites, formerly-human monsters dedicated to exploring the limits of human sensation; these "explorations" take the form of extreme sadomasochism, to the point that it is considered torture by most of those whom they encounter. They live with their fellow Cenobites in an extradimensional realm called Hell, a gigantic labyrinth accessible only via a puzzle box called The Lament Configuration, which opens a dimensional fissure. While those who possess unique qualities conducive to the Cenobite agenda are transformed into Cenobites upon opening the box, others are subjected to the Cenobites' "experiments"

Spoiler

Oh, also this cute little guy.
Spoiler

I have a few I love but I'm gonna have to choose John Carpenter's 'The Thing'.

Can someone post a picture of it for me please? Lots of good choices to choose.