Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kid Airbag

MIDI is FUBAR

When I went to bed last night, everything MIDI that I played was sounding fine. This morning when I woke up, the MIDI is all of a sudden much shittier quality. The music sounds much worse, but the acoustics are better. Does anyone have any idea why this is?

Edit: It's apparantly screwing up .wav, too, and .mus, cause it happens when I play Doom. But MP3 appears to be unaffected.

NiGHTMARE said:

Do you have a card which uses soundfonts? It could be that it somehow got changed.

I don't know, is there somewhere I could look to see?

Oh, yay, I fixed it. Control Panel --> Multimedia --> MIDI, it had WinGroove selected as my MIDI output device, and since I deleted WinGroove, it was playing them all odd. I switched it back to the other thing and it's working now.

WinGroove is pretty good, actually. Unfortunately it is not freeware or open source, so it is not readily available to any user.

Yeah, I downloaded WinGroove so I could convert some MIDIs to WAV, and then the WAVs to MP3, but I quickly abandoned it when I realized that the demo only allows thirty-second WAVs.

My Dad bought the full version of WinGroove years ago, but we never use it nowadays because all the family's computers have soundcards which have better sounding midi than WinGroove's ;)