Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Unregistered account

ToxicBarrel's Haunted Circle of E2M4

I just saw this upload from ToxicBarrel on YouTube:
The haunted circle of E2M4

I thought it was really jarring and scary, the true kind of horror that makes you think about it afterwards.

Has anyone got any ideas on how this could be done in-game (with the player matching your own skin)?

Whooooooooops...
*Insta-edit*

I was always intrigued by this video. I like to think of it as a sort of temporal window to the moment when you observed from the other side, and that the apparition wouldn't have manifested had you not done so. Even better would be if had it turned to race down the hallway and disappeared while doing so in a manner like the player had done. It's the sort of eerie, dreamlike tone I'm into.

The truth is

Spoiler

that the guy was playing in coop and the other marine was his coop buddy who deliberately remained unseen for most of the video and then sneaked up to the place where we ultimately saw him behind the window.

That's what I thought, but if that were true, then surely the grey marine would be coloured such because they were the second player? This would mean that the player who we see the perspective of in the video should be the green marine... but the background for the status bar face isn't green. Or maybe they're using a source port which allows player skin colour changing.

Anyway, the question I proposed was if this could be done in-game.

Kapanyo said:

the background for the status bar face isn't green.

When exactly can this be seen in the video? I can't see any status bar at all. Even so, there might have been more than 2 players, and the recording player might have been player 3 or player 4.

Okay, apologies... I need to get some sleep...

You're right, there is no status bar visible in-vid. :P

It's a multiplayer game staged by me and a buddy. The MP-flagged backpack near the crusher and lack of Green's statusbar make it obvious. Got the original idea from v1.2 demo1.